- 21: Do You Wanna Hurt Me? -

Katsuki had stayed in the living room the rest of the time after lunch was done for one reason and one reason only. 

The living room window is the perfect place to see the front, so anyone coming to knock on the door and walking down the street would be right in Katsuki's field of view. 

Which meant that he is able to see Deku and Auntie Inko walking down the sidewalk towards the front door. Deku is wearing those red shoes and pants, with some old shitty all might T shirt he got forever ago when it was Christmas. 

The logo has long since faded and the words 'Plus Ultra' are only read as 'P--S U--RA' which just annoys Katsuki for some reason. The least shitty Deku can do is put a little effort in his appearance. 

Watching them walk up to the door, he catches Deku's eye, and his spirit almost leaves his body. Green eyes look at him, his brows furrowed in confusion as he twists his mouth into a straight line. 

He almost looks disappointed to see him watching, almost like he would rather jump into a river then be here. Auntie inko looks carefree and cheerful as always, turned to the side for a moment as she fiddles with her purse. 

Deku doesn't do anything except stand there next to her. He doesn't even move to tell auntie inko that Katsuki was clearly watching them come up from the window. He just looks back at him. 

"You're the one who needs to get over themselves. I can't believe that all this time, I've been wanting things to go back to the way they were before. That I've been hoping that one day you would just... grow up. But I'm done. You can go play in oncoming traffic for all i fucking care."

It makes Katsuki sick. 

It's not like he wants to see him either! 

Before he can do anything, Katsuki gets away from the window, the curtains covering his escape as he bolts towards the stairs. He almost trips over the coffee table but he makes a clean landing (just barely). 

The doorbell rings as he retreats, and his foot lands on the first step. 

Fuck Deku, fuck this dinner, and fuck these stupid confusing feelings. 

He's just going to lock himself in his room and wait the whole thing out. 

He goes to take another step, but his shirt is harshly pulled back, sending slight chills down his spine. He lands back onto the ground floor and off the stairs, catching his balance.

But it isn't green eyes or freckled cheeks he sees when he turns around. It's just his old hag, looking at him with that sadistic smile. She has a white shirt on with the purple thin jacket that she uses when she's out. 

She looks nice, but she always does so Katsuki doesn't tell her that. If it wasn't for the angry spark in her eyes, he would think she was just getting ready to greet auntie inko and Deku. 

"And where the hell do you think you're going." 

Her tone is sickingly sweet, each word dripping with an unsaid threat. Katsuki glares back at her. That smile always means trouble and it pisses him off every single time. 

"I'm going to go take a shit. Why, you wanna come?" 

Mitsuki scoffs, her smile not dropping with his remark. Normally, she would have slapped him upside the head for saying something like that, but she doesn't seem in the mood right now. 

Even more concerning. 

"Thanks for the offer but no. Besides, there's a bathroom down here brat. Take your shit then come out." 

Masaru goes to the front door and Katsuki turns his attention to him. His footsteps are soft and calculated, as if he's trying to hide from Katsuki. 

"Old man." 

Masaru jumps and glances at him then slowly reaches for the doorknob. He tries again through gritted teeth. 

"Dad." 

He stops and looks at Katsuki, his eyes shining and widened.

"Dad, don't open the door. Please."  

Katsuki holds back his wince at the word, but it seems to work because Masaru seems even more surprised. Katsuki watches with slight glee as his hand retracts from the doorknob. 

Mitsuki pushes Katsuki's shoulder, sending him even further away from the stairs, catching himself as he falls forward. 

"Don't fall for it honey! Open the door!" 

"Old man don't open the fucking door!" 

Mitsuki nudges Katsuki with her foot right at his ribs and he holds himself, trying to keep from laughing as she tickles him. He yells, trying to keep her foot away. 

Masaru opens the door and smiles at their guests. 

"Hello! Come inside!" 

In an instant, Mitsuki is around him and going to the door as inko and Deku walk in. Katsuki is standing up against the wall, trying to nonchalantly catch his breath as he folds his arms. 

Auntie Inko walks in with a bright smile and hugs Mitsuki tightly as Deku and the old man greet each other with their own hugs. As he sees Deku standing there, he has the urge to run up the stairs again. 

The urge dies when auntie inko looks at him and goes towards him with her arms outstretched. 

"Katsuki! Youve gotten so big!" 

He is wrapped into a big hug. Normally, he would instantly shove anyone who touched him away with a blast to the face, but this is auntie inko. 

So he pats her back as she hugs him. 

"Hey Auntie. You look good." 

He says it flatly, but she seems delighted nonetheless because she hugs him tighter. It feels... weird but in a sort of good way. Auntie inko has always been a hugger, something his old hag is not. 

He guesses he's just got used to it. 

"Thank you! Izuku!" 

Deku is hugging his old hag when auntie inko calls him. Katsuki gives him a look when Deku just stares back at him with that awkward smile on his face as he comes over. 

"Come give Katsuki a hug!" 

God damnit.