- 29: Do You Wanna Hurt Me? -

Dinner is nice, full of conversation and booming laughter. Izuku realizes that he hasn't felt this way in so long, so calm and happy. When dinner ends and his stomach feels full, the happy feeling still doesn't go away. 

Inko says goodbye to Masaru and Mitsuki, hugging and telling them that they should do this again. She is the first one out the door while Izuku is putting on his shoes. He feels someone standing over him and he looks up from his kneeling position. 

Katsuki is there, hands in his pockets as he gives him a nonchalant look. He doesn't see Mitsuki or Masaru anywhere, so he assumes Katsuki is just going to say bye to him. 

Again, something that he never knew he would get to experience since Katsuki normally just leaves after family gatherings. Izuku smiles and stands up after tying his shoes. He feels a little nervous, but it's a good kind of nervousness. 

"Today was really fun. I'll see you later kacchan." 

Izuku steps closer and gives him a hug. He expects Katsuki to push him away, but his smile grows when Katsuki doesn't, instead just patting his back. The smell of burnt caramel fills his senses for a moment. 

"Whatever, like i care nerd." 

He pulls away from the hug and goes to open the door to leave. His hand touches the cold metal of the door knob before Katsuki speaks, 

"Hold it Deku." 

He turns back around to look at him, and Katsuki glances away, hands back into his pockets. 

"Lets... Do something later." 

Izuku's eyes widen, and he just stares at him for a moment before grinning. 

"Yeah, I'll text you when i get home." 

Katsuki looks back at him and nods, that relaxed look still on his face. 

"Sure." 

Izuku goes out the door and only when he's sure it is shut behind him, he fist pumps the air and quickly goes down the sidewalk where inko watches him with a smile. 

"It went that well?" 

They both walk together down the sidewalk together. The night air is warm, and he catches a whiff of that caramel smell on his clothes. 

"Yeah, it went a lot better than i thought it would go." 

Izuku smiles at his mom, and she bumps her shoulder with his as they walk. 

"I'm glad the two of you made up Izu. I could tell Katsuki was ecstatic about it too." 

Izuku laughs and the two of them talk about the dinner and when they should go back again. Talking to his mom is always nice no matter where it is. They get home and inko goes upstairs to her room. 

"I'm going to bed early Izuku, i got work in the morning! I love you."

Izuku is taking his shoes off by the door. 

"Ok mom! I'll see you tomorrow, i love you too." 

He hears the door shut and he goes to his own room, plopping onto his bed. He plugs his phone into his charger and turns it back on. His phone buzzes over and over again for a number of seconds, notification after notification coming in. 

All of them are from Ishida, but Izuku doesn't bother to read them all, instead just responding, 

'Yeah, i was with kacchan. We were having dinner so i was busy. Sorry, we can hang out later, I'm tired so I'm going to bed right now.' 

He doesn't feel that bad about lying to Ishida as he goes to Katsuki's contact and messages him. Especially when his one answer is followed by a thousand more messages. Maybe in some way kacchan was right about him being kind of... 

Creepy? 

Izuku forces the thought since its immediately followed by a sting of guilt about thinking of his friend like that. 

Maybe a little clingy would be the right word. 

'I'm home now kacchan!' 

He is expecting to wait a lot for a response, but right when he's about to get up to put on his sleeping clothes, his phone dings with kacchans notification. 

'Ok.' 

'When do you want to hang out nerd.' 

Izuku is unsure on what to say. He wants to hang out tomorrow, but maybe that would be too much? Yeah, way too soon way too fast. They had just gotten on sort of good terms again; he doesn't want to screw it up the first chance he gets. 

So he goes with a safe response. 

'When are you free?' 

Three bubbles pop up then disappear, then appear again before he gets a message. 

'Tomorrow.' 

'Let's go watch a movie.' 

Izuku can't help the big smile on his face. Kacchan wants to hang out tomorrow after they just saw each other. That has to be a good sign, right? 

'Ok! Which movie kacchan?' 

'I'm not telling.'

'I already bought the tickets.' 

Izuku isn't surprised by how quick kacchan is. Thats just who he is, always quick to get things done. Though now he's even more curious. 

'Can i at least get a hint?' 

He waits a moment for a response, getting off of his bed and changing into his pajamas and brushing his teeth. When he gets back, he turns off his light and goes back into bed. 

'We watched it when we were little.' 

Izuku thinks back, trying to remember what movie they would have watched that would be in movie theaters. He can't remember much besides a lot of All Might T.V shows and movies, so maybe one of those? 

'Can i get a better hint?' 

'That was a good hint nerd your just slow. Thats the only one you're getting.'  

Izuku sends a sticker of a drawing of a green bunny crying. 

'But how am i going to sleep if the suspense is killing me? I might be late to the movie kacchan!' 

'The hell you'll be. If you are I'm leaving your ass. Movie starts at five.' 

He laughs when kacchan sends a sticker, an angry looking dog. 

'It looks like you kacchan.' 

'Fuck you.' 

they spend the rest of the night talking until Izuku passes out. 

He hopes he isn't late to the movie or kacchan is going to be seriously pissed.