- 39: Tell Me That You Love Me -

Izuku goes home, slightly a nervous wreck. He will be going to a party with kacchan. With kacchans friends. With a lot of kacchans friends. His mom is home, and he instantly goes over to her. She is sitting at the kitchen table, looking through a bunch of photos and organizing them when he goes to her. 

She smiles at him and then it falters slightly when she sees his face. 

"Izuku what's-" 

"Kacchan invited me to a party, but all of his friends will be there and i don't know what to wear and I'm freaking out because what if i get there and i ruin kacchans fun in front of all his friends and what if I'm so bad at having a good time that kacchan tells me to just go and then we never talk again and-" 

Inko stands up and goes to him, putting her hands on his shoulders. 

"Izuku, breathe. Its ok, I'm sure everything will be fine. If you don't want to go, then you don't have to baby, and i can always pick you up if you want to leave when you get there. Do you need help picking something to wear?" 

Izuku nods, and inko gives him a smile that seems to reassure him and wash away his worries, at least for now. 

"Then I'll help Izuku." 

They both go upstairs and inko helps him, bringing out all of his clothes and stepping back to look at all of them. Inko gives him a thumbs up with a determined shine in her green eyes. 

"Don't you worry! Mitsuki taught me a thing or two when we were in high school!" 

He laughs and inko joins him. They both have fun choosing clothes, both giving their opinions on them. It takes an hour or two, but they had settled on something casual but still stylish. Inko even lets him use some of her makeup, doing it for him.

Inko is putting away all of the makeup stuff when there is a knock on the door. Izuku looks at himself in the mirror for a moment before going down the stairs. 

"I'll get it mom!" 

He opens the door and expects to see kacchan, but is met with Ishida's red eyes instead. The black-haired boy smiles at him and steps inside of the house, taking off his shoes. He looks at Izuku, silent for a moment. 

"Oh." 

Izuku suddenly feels self-conscious, and he turns away. The way he says it sounds almost like he's disappointed or saddened for some reason. 

"Oh' what?" 

Ishida twists his mouth slightly and then gestures to his face. 

"You... got makeup on." 

He shifts, looking at him. 

"Yeah. My mom helped me with it. Why, does it look bad?" 

"N-no, it's just..." 

He trails off and scans Izuku's outfit. 

"Where are you going?" 

Izuku hesitates for a moment. He's told Ishida enough lies, he's his friend, the least he can do is be truthful. 

"A party. Kacchan invited me." 

He looks at him and watches his face turn stone cold. 

"What?" 

His clothes feel oddly tight now, and it feels way too hot in here. 

"A... Kacchan-" 

"No, i fucking heard you, but putting that aside for a second, you're going like that?" 

He furrows his brows, holding his arms around himself. 

"Like what?" 

Ishida glares down at him, opening and closing his mouth like a fish before speaking, as if he's at a loss for words. 

"Like a bitch. You look like a bitch right now. What, you're hoping he'll give you a kiss or some shit if you get all dressed up?"

Izuku is shocked and clenches his hands. He feels anger pool in his gut. 

"I understand if your upset about me hanging out with him, and that's all you had to say. You didn't have to fucking-" 

"Tell the truth? You need a fucking reality check Izu, wake the fuck up." 

"I need a reality check? You need to get your head out of your ass and learn to mind your own damn business. Don't come into my house and start fucking calling me shit!" 

"I wouldn't have to if you just fucking listen to me! Do you really think that since you two have been hanging out he's suddenly changed? You're a bigger fucking idiot then i thought." 

"Fine, whatever. I'm still fucking going. You're not the boss of me asshole. I'm tired of your bullshit." 

He goes to open the door to kick him the fuck out, but his wrist is grabbed tightly. He looks back at him and Ishida is looking at him coldly. 

"You aren't fucking leaving." 

"You have one second to let me go or I'm going to fuck your shit up i swear-" 

Ishida suddenly slams him against the wall, making him hit the back of his head. He lets out a yell, and Ishida is looking at him like he's barely holding back his anger. 

"Shut the fuck up and listen." 

He is about to yell but he watches as inko comes running down the stairs. His eyes widen as she stares at the two of them. 

"Mom," 

Inko moves before he can finish what he's saying. She grabs Ishida by his hair and yanks him back, making him yell. 

"Get the fuck off my son! Who the fuck do you think you are coming into my house and disrespecting, touching my fucking son!?"

Izuku stays against the wall, watching with wide eyes as Ishida is being pulled towards the door by his hair. He tries to scratch at her hands, but it doesn't work. Some of the strands are being pulled out, and inko is looking down at him like he's the scum of the earth. 

She slams the door open and shoves him out the door, making him tumble down the front stairs. 

"If you come back here or if i hear your talking to my son, I'll do more then pull your fucking hair!" 

She slams the door shut and takes a deep breath. Izuku stares at her. 

"Mom. Have i told you how much i love you?" 

inko gives him a small smile. 

"I love you too Izuku." 

They both stand there, taking a moment to calm down.