- 10: Always Fucking Miss You -

It's been a year since Ishida and him have been friends. 

He has started to notice more and more strange things about him that didn't... catch his attention as much as when they first met. 

Like for instance, when Izuku had to cancel their hang out. He was worried about falling behind his school work since Ishida had always interrupted him halfway through his studying for the past month and he decided to get his shit together. 

"Ishida, it's just for a couple of days. Besides, you see me at school all of the time, it's not like I'm telling you we can't be friends or anything-" 

"Izu,"

A new nickname, seemingly better (worse) then the other one. Cementing that Ishida is supposedly close to Izuku. The green haired boy refuses to give Ishida a nickname, despite the other boy's clear insistence. 

"You can call me Fu-Chan or something!" 

Yeah, no. 

Izuku doesn't want to be mean to his only friend, but he can't help it when Ishida is always so clingy and 'protective' of him. 

"You don't have to talk to me like I'm a child, i get that! It's just that, i spent all that money the last time we hung out, and the least i ask of you is we hang out! You can still get your work done, it's not like I'm forcing you not to!" 

Izuku sighs and walks downstairs, looking out the glass patio door for something to take his attention while he is on call with Ishida. 

"And we can hang out after i get my stuff done. My mom-" 

"Yeah, i talked to your mom!" 

He had begged for Izuku to give him his moms number. The reason was just ridicules to Izuku, but he has never really had a friend besides Katsuki, so what does he know. Maybe it's a normal thing. 

"I just want to be able to keep tabs on you Izu! What if something happens and i can't get a hold of you? I just want to be careful!" 

"Just tell her that i could help you study or something! It's not that hard Izu, just this one time." 

Izuku catches something. In Katsuki's window, he sees the blondes red eyes piercing through the patio door. The rest of his room his dark, bringing out his eyes more. 

He is close to the window, standing as if he was just about to do something but stopped when he saw Izuku standing there. 

It sends chills up his spine, and he stares back. 

He can hear a white sound in his ear, but he doesn't really pay attention to it when he's too busy staring at the person in the window. 

His relationship with Katsuki had changed somewhat in the year. He doesn't bother with him as much, except for the occasional beat up in the back of the school, insults, and shoving him out of the way. 

And.... 

Izuku had begun to notice Katsuki around a lot more. Not actually talking to him or anything, but in the background. A quick glance, a fast blur, someone in the crowd.

And even when Katsuki shoves him, punches him, kicks him, he has this stupid thought more then he used to have. 

At least he's touching me. 

It interests him more then he'd like to admit, really. That voice is back in his thoughts, always thinking about Katsuki, and it makes him frustrated with himself. 

I wish he looked at me more. 

Did i do something wrong? 

why isn't he doing what he normally does? 

Did he find someone else to-

"Izu? Are you listening!?" 

He snaps back to the present with the help of the sharp voice in his ear. He looks away from the eyes in the window, walking away from the glass door and into the living room. 

"Uh..." 

There is a sigh on the other side of the phone and an exhausted, 

"Izu," 

Rings in his ears. It sends irritation spiking through his chest, and he rolls his eyes. At least on the phone, Izuku is free to wear his feelings on his sleeve and Ishida wouldn't be able to give him shit for it. 

Ishida doesn't like when Izuku talks back, but when his attention isn't fully on him, it makes Ishida do that stupid voice. 

Like Izuku is a little toddler and Ishida is the parent, guiding Izuku in the right direction. 

Izuku glances back at the kitchen from the couch. 

Is Katsuki still watching? 

why was he looking at Izuku like that? 

Does he always do that? 

"Look, i gotta go." 

Ishida sounds slightly more pissed as his tone rises. 

"What for? You're not doing anything are you?" 

Izuku suppresses a sigh. Then, as if the gods heard his prayer, his mom opens the door, stuck. The door is against her body and there is the sound of rustling grocery bags. 

"Izuku baby! Come help me!" 

Izuku is going to give her the biggest hug. 

"My mom's here. Bye." 

He hands up before Ishida can say anything, pockets his phone, and rushes to help his mom. He grabs the grocery bags from her clenched hands, and she opens the door fully as he steps back. 

She gives him a thankful smile, the corners of her eyes crinkling, and her cheeks flushed. 

"I had the busiest day today, Izu, you wouldn't believe!" 

Izuku steps back from the doorway and lets inko take off her shoes as he puts the groceries on the table to start putting them away. Inko steps into the kitchen, looking around. 

Izuku is a little confused but when inko leans to him and whispers, 

"Is your annoying friend here today too?" 

Izuku flushes and hurriedly looks at the groceries. 

"Mom! You can't just say that!" 

Inko looks surprised and then puts her hands on her hips. 

"I'm sorry! I know it's a little mean but i can't help it! That kid is over every single day! and i don't like how he talks to you Izu baby!" 

Izuku hums and continues putting the groceries away. 

"I much rather have Katsuki over! It's been so long, maybe Mitsuki and them can come over for dinner!" 

He hates how he feels his heartbeat quicken in excitement. 

Damnit.