- 51: I Remember Crying -

Weeks pass with no sign of Ishida. No texts, no calls and no showing up at school. Izuku has gotten used to it, and he feels bad but not that much. Not when Kacchan is around. The two of them are hanging out a lot more, walking to and from school together. 

Sometimes kacchan can't hang out since he has training, extra schoolwork stuff, and doing things to better his application for UA, so he has to walk home by himself most days. Like today. Izuku is packing up his stuff in the classroom. He quickly pops a pill into his mouth. 

His mom said that it would help with the headaches he's been having lately. He thinks they aren't just normal headaches, because they hurt and make everything fuzzy. Kacchan goes over to him, his bag already slung over his shoulder. 

Izuku smiles at him, and he gets a nod in return. He finishes getting all of his stuff in his bag and the two of them walk out of the classroom. 

"I'm going over to the teachers for a while. They want to look over what i need to make my UA application better, so I can't walk you home today, Deku." 

Kacchan looks like he feels a little bad about it, but he manages to cover some of it up by putting a disinterested look on his face. Izuku is starting to notice more and more moments like that. 

"It's ok kacchan, you don't have to worry, I'll be fine on my own." 

Kacchan glares at him, slinging his arm over his shoulders, shaking him slightly. 

"And who the hell said i was worried Deku!? I'm not! I'm just telling you so you don't cry about missing me so much!" 

He laughs and rolls his eyes. 

"I'm crying right now kacchan. I'm so sad. Can't you see the tears in my eyes?" 

kacchan grins, shaking him by the shoulders again. 

"You're crying on the inside nerd." 

Their homeroom teacher walks out of the classroom and spots them. 

"Bakugou! let's get going." 

Kacchan takes his arm off of his shoulders and Izuku gives him an encouraging thumbs up. He grins at him and walks with their homeroom teacher. Izuku starts his walk home. With kacchan always so busy with UA stuff, it makes him wonder what he wants to do. 

Of course, he wants to be a hero, but maybe it would be good to have a backup plan? He had heard that UA is starting to take in quirkless applicants for the support course, so that wouldn't be so bad right? He would still be at UA, helping heroes, and he'd be able to help kacchan too.

He gets closer to his house, just on the sidewalk. He wants to go study and then maybe, if his mom is home, bring up the support course. He turns onto the pathway leading up to the front door and slows down. 

There is a woman standing by the door, her back to him. Who is this women? His mom has been buying a lot of packages lately so maybe its just a delivery? As he walks closer, the women seems to hear him coming and she turns around quickly.  

Mascara is running down her face in black tear tracks and she looks so distraught. Izuku is worried about her. This is probably one of his mom's friends who's in a middle of an emergency and needs her help. 

Her bloodshot eyes stare at him as he gets closer and closer to the front door. Her cheeks are red and irritated, and her clothes are wrinkled and stained. She looks like a mess and Izuku feels even more concerned. 

"Um... Hello? Miss are you okay?" 

The women grips her arms around herself, fresh tears filling her eyes. Her eyes are panicked as she approaches Izuku hurriedly, who is now standing with her at the door. 

"I-I'm Ishida's mom! H-He was missing and-"

Izuku hones into that word for a moment, his eyes widening. Ishida is missing. How could he have not known about any of this? He didn't see anything about a missing kid on the news or heard about it anywhere. Did something happen after their fight? 

No, because before they went to the party ishida had been sending texts, so maybe it was after that? Izuku forces his shock to take a back seat for a moment, focusing on the women in front of him. 

"-and i was hoping i-if you knew anything a-about-" 

Her voice is already so shaky, like with every word she speaks, she has to contain the urge to just cry. So in the most soothing and comforting voice that he can manage, he says, 

"I'm sorry about Ishida missing ma'am. I... I didn't know that happened..." 

She sniffs loudly, wiping at her eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry i came here unannounced... I-It's just, i thought, out of all people, h-his boyfriend would know something that his p-parents didn't..." 

What? 

Izuku furrows his brows, frowning slightly. 

"His boyfriend?" 

She looks at him, her hands pausing from wiping her eyes to stare at him in confusion. 

"Y-Yes aren't you two... dating?" 

Izuku shakes his head slowly, confusion and concern clear on his face. She stares back at him with the same expression. 

"B-but the pictures, your stuff, the letters, it was all in his roo-" 

She cuts herself off, silent for a moment. Her eyes widen and she puts a hand to her mouth. 

"Oh. Oh god..." 

Izuku steps closer, despite his confusion trying to comfort her as much as he can. 

"It's going to be ok ma'am. I'm sure the police are searching far and wide for him. He's probably just hiding out somewhere-" 

She steps away from him, her eyes hazy. 

"I... I have to go." 

Izuku doesn't think that's a good idea, letting Ishida's mom go like this, but she yanks his hand away when he goes to call out and stop her. He watches as she stumbles down the sidewalk, probably towards their house. 

Izuku feels the guilt wash over him the moment she leaves, and he goes back inside. 

Maybe it's his fault Ishida ran off and is worrying his parents. He knows that Ishida can be extreme when he wants to be. He's hoping it's just one of his tantrums and he'll come back home. 

He starts to feel warm, and his head feels dizzy. He walks up the stairs when suddenly, his vision tilts. He thought that taking the pill would help with his headaches, but he doesn't have time to think about what's happening, as he falls, hitting his head on the ground.