|| 0.7-Asahi A. ||

|| Hair Tie ||
.
.
.
.

  He liked you.

  Everyone knew it.

  It seems, everyone except the two of you.

  Asahi Azumane, Karasuno's gentle giant.

  You, Karasuno's... y'know, female version of Nishinoya.

  Today, you and Noya where pushing eachother around playfully as you waited for your classes to start.

  It was fairly warm today, and Noya's practice was cancelled by Daichi for something to do with...yeah you weren't listening when Noya relayed what he'd said.

  "Oh my god, look at him!"

  "He's kinda scary with his hair like that."

  "He's just scary in general!"

  At the whispers around you, both you and Noya looked around to see Asahi trying to get to his classroom without being spotted, but it seems that's impossible.

  Your eyes widened when you saw his hair was...out.

  No, to-tight buns, or low ponytails, none of that. Noya hummed in surprise, also stunned on the Ace's strange hair choices.

  The whispers and insults kept getting tossed around, and you gave Noya a knowing look before you both started to charge through the crowd.

  We may be small, but we'd be dead in a field somewhere before we let our best mate get trampled on by some snot nosed brats!

  When you guys made it to Asahi, he was hunched over and trying to hide his face, which only infuriated the two of you more.

  Without any words, you and Noya formed a circle around Asahi, like security guards with famous people, and he cast a glance at you.

  'Thank you' he mouthed, you flashed him a smile, pulling your hair tie from your wrist and handing it to him as you and Noya cleared a path of gawkers towards Asahi's classroom.

  A few days later, you're stuffing your face outside of your classroom—you'd been sent out for eating in class so now your eating outside class while awaiting obvious detention.

  All of a sudden, you feel a presence behind you, and turn to see Asahi with a few fingers bandaged together, as he leaned over and tried to tie his hair.

  Poor guy

  Wiping your hands on your skirt, you stood up and approached him, clearing your throat as to alarm him your there.

  "Hey Asahi! What's poppin'? Need a hand?..Or a few fingers?" You grin at your own joke, and he smiles at you.

  "(L/n), yes, please, if it won't be much of a bother?" He asks, you wave him off moving to stand behind him.

  "Nah, I was kicked out anyway–can you sit down please?" He instantly sits down in front of you, and you shoot your eyebrows up at him.

  "W-why did they kick you out?" He tries to cover it, and you grin at him, softly pulling his silky hair up into a loose, but high, bun.

  "I was eating in class, then Noya asked for some, then Tanaka asked for some, and soon enough the classroom was more fixated on my food them the lesson." You explain, he nods.

  "Oh," you finish his hair, and grab his tie from him, a smile pulling at your lips when you see it's the same one you gave him a few days prior.

  "So, whatcha do to your fingers?"

  A few more days pass, and you seem to find Asahi in some need for hair help.

  And eventually, you just came out straight to him.

  It was as you're, once again, tying his hair, and he's sitting down at your feet.

  "Ya know, instead of just struggling until I find you, why not just come get me to help you?" You offer, he stills beneath you as you finish his braid, pulling a couple loose strands behind his ear so it doesn't tickle his face.

  "Well, I usually can get it done myself, and then you always pop up when I'm stuck." He starts, trying to play off the fact that his face is heating up rapidly.

  "Well, if you do struggle again, just come find me: follow the sound of teachers shouting, I'm either in the middle of it or involved somehow." You grin, patting his shoulder as he stands up.

  "Uh, okay. Thank you." You nod, waving him off before rushing to catch up with a female friend of yours.

  It seems, that he needed help with his hair almost everyday, and you couldn't help but get a feeling that he had a double meaning to always tracking you down with the same hair tie you gave him that day, asking for help with his hair.

  But you just couldn't seem to pin on what.

  Everyone watches everyday as you help Asahi with his hair, and he deliberately messes up just so he can hunt you down.

  Everyone watches as day by day, you both fall for eachother.

  Falling, deeper and deeper.

  Until someone splashes cold water on your party, with the shout of, "just kiss already!" one day you're tying his hair before practice.

  You didn't even have time to think before Asahi has his lips on yours.

  The anxiety riddled, shy, cowardly, gentle giant Asahi,

  was kissing,

  the loud mouthed, speaks her mind, eats like a teenage boy, punches people when she laughs, you,

  FIRST!!

  He let go, and backpedaled instantly, apologies spewing from his lips as he covers his face.

  Ah there he is.

  Laughing, you pull his hands away and press your lips to his again, and he melts into you.

  "Took them long enough."

  "Tell me about it."

  "The tension was so thick."

  "But thanks to Noya, they're finally over the awkward "do they like me back?" faze."

  "Thankfully."

——
937 words