|| 25-Hinata S. ||

|| Orange ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate au where one of your eyes are the same colour as your soulmates)

  Kageyama fiddles with the case of his phone, watching his friend twist his rings around his fingers to sooth his nerves.

  You see, today Hinata was finally meeting his soulmate, after almost a year of talking to her through instagram.

  In today's world, it's easier to find your soulmate on the internet than face to face, so that's what Hinata had done.

  He honestly didn't mean to stumble across your account, but he did, and now he's sitting on a train waiting the fifteen minute ride to your station where you are currently sitting with your best friend holding an orange balloon.

  That's what y'all agreed on, for a tell tale sign of who's who, you had the orange balloon and he has on a beanie the same colour as your eyes (or as close to it as possible).

  "I don't know if I should have done this." You mumble, staring at the string on your finger attached to the balloon.

  "Girl, you are not backing out now. You have been giggling and blushing over this guy's texts all year, and today you woke me up from my very nice nap to take you to this gross ass train station—and now you're having second thoughts."

  You bring your thumb to your lips, nibble the edge as butterflies fill your stomach.

  It is true, a whole year you've shared secrets and selfies, but you were still so nervous to meet him. I mean, this is your soulmate you're talking about.

  Soulmate.

  Hinata swallows, itching the beanie on his head and shifting his eyes to stare at the friend he'd chosen to accompany him today.

  Lord knows the team has heard all about you, and how today was going to be a massive make or break moment for his life, and they were all so happy for him, but none of them had time to take out of their day to come with him.

  Until Kageyama stuck his hand up and explained that he had a family member he wanted to see in the same part you are meeting.

  "Dude, I'd kill for a volleyball to toss around right now." Kageyama says, slouching back and gazing along the carriage to see the few stragglers waiting for their stops.

  Hinata opens his mouth to reply, but the sound of their arrival makes him shoot straight, Kageyama sighing as he grabs both their bags—his friend already nearly leaping through the doors.

  "Hey, hey! Hinata!" The ravenette grips Hinata's shoulder and slows the ADHD 16 year old down, walking along the platform and keeping an eye open for an orange balloon.

  "Oh, the train's here?" You didn't mean to make it sound like a question, but it did, and now you have a friend rolling her eyes at you. "Sorry, nerves."

  "Not like you to be this nervous," you both scan the crowd, rising up and feeling the balloon tug on your finger, that when you heard the squeak of shoes as if by sudden movement.

  Your eyes widen when you see a gleam of orange before you're knocked back into your friend—who grunts and pushes you up straight again.

  The only problem with that, was the fact of someone holding you very tight, and with their height it bent your spine awkwardly.

  "Oh my gosh, he just took off I'm so sorry." Panted someone else, you wriggle in Hinata's grasp enough to see past the beanie towards the ravenette holding two backpacks hunched over.

  "Oh it's fine, if he didn't do it she would have." Your friend answers for you, moving to shake his hand, you return your focus to the guy unlatching himself from you and dusting his jeans off.

  It takes him a second, and you stand there like a scarecrow, until he looks up and you guys lock eyes.

  Death.

  Literally the first thing that came into your mind once a blinding white light rendered you sightless for the duration of three blinks.

  Then, when you opened your eyes the third time, you saw more clearly than you've seen before, and in front of you was the prettiest tangerine you've ever laid your eyes on.

  His orange eyes were wide as well, lips parted in shock, until you took the step forwards and wrapped your arms around him.

  Soulmate.

  Your soulmate.

  You were standing in the arms of your soulmate, his hands on your waits as he pushes you back the tiniest but and grins at you—your face flushing at the proximity.

  "Hi." He whispered, chin dipped.

  "Hi." You whisper back, not being about to suppress the grin stretching your lips wide.

  "This may be bold, but can I ask a question?"

  "With what you've told me, bold is your personality." You toss back, he grins.

  "Can I kiss you?"

  Before the words fully leave his mouth, you crash your lips down upon his, and his brings you back in close.

  The sound of your friend gagging was silenced by the rushing of blood in your ears, the feeling of all the empty, missing pieces clicking together as Hinata held you close and kissed you.

——
875 words
(A/n I would just like to thank so many of you, and apologize for the nonexistent updates; take this Hinata soulmate AU, please don't murder me)