|| 33-Kuroo T. ||

|| Black roses ||
.
.
.
.
(For valentines day 💝)

"He still hasn't asked me, and Valentine's day is tomorrow." You rub your palm into your eye, phone in the other hand as you FaceTime one of your friends.

She scrunches up her nose, confusion written on her face. "Dude, y'all are dating, he shouldn't have to ask you to be his Valentine's date."

Ah, this is why I rant to my best friend, not her.

"Oh, yeah, sorry-oh, mum's calling me! Bye!" You hang up, swiping through your contacts until you get to your best friends, calling her instead.

Not even two rings later, she picks up, ice cream on her nose and sprinkles on her mouth. "Yo, he asked yet?"

Someone who gets me.

"No! And it's tomorrow! What if he doesn't ask? Do I ask him?"

"Bro!" She launches herself forwards, ice creaming flying across her room, and you duck as if it's come through the screen at you. "Don't ask him! It's his job to ask you, and if he doesn't then I'll deck him for ya."

You grin, shaking your head. "Thanks, but there's no need."

"Why?"

You shrug, glancing out the window opposite your desk and frowning at the sight of Kuroo's car in the driveway.

"Girl check it." You flip the camera, and it takes her a second before she gasps. "How long do you think he's been here?"

"I swear to god if he hooks up with the milf in your house before me-"

"Girl, shut up! That's gross. But like, do I wait or do I go down?" You glance at your closed door, muting her and listening for anything suspicious.

Nothing.

"Bitch you put me on mute."

"Yeah, sorry. Anyway, about me going down now or-"

You're cut off by a shout of your name, so you apologise to your best friend before hanging up and making your way downstairs.

You were about three steps away when you looked up and saw the entire living room full of black and red balloons.

A smile stretches across your lips as your heart races, realising what's happening.

You fumble to record but your mum's voice comes for the steps above. "He told me to tell you it's all being recorded."

Oh my gosh, my heart.

Treehouse starts playing softly, and you grin wider, probably looking a little crazy as you descend into the balloons.

You walk until you're standing in the center of the living room, and look around for your boyfriend.

"I know I'm cutting this close, but I've been planning this for so long, and I really do hope you say yes."

You spin and watch as Kuroo walks in through the other entrance, in his hand a perfect bouquet of black and red roses, covered in glitter like those TikToks.

You barely take in his perfect tux as you stare at the love sick smile on his face.

"(Y/n), will you be my Valentine?"

You would have dove into his arms right then, but you took in the roses, and the balloons, and instead covered your face as a random swell of tears bubbles up.

"Oh shit, oh, hold on, I gotta put these somewhere-" You hear him shuffle hurriedly as you lower into a crouch, covering your face as you sob.

This is so horrible, why did I have to cry??

A few second pass until you feel him sit down beside you, legs on either side of you as he holds you to his chest. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry, I swear."

He rests his chin on your head as he rubs his hands up and down your arms, comforting you as you finally calm down enough to take your hands away from your face and look up at him.

His eyes swell with his own tears at the sight of you crying, but he holds it together as he smiles.

"Will you be my-?"

"Yes!" You tackle him until he's on his back, and you buy your face in his neck as you grin.

Somewhere, party poppers go off, and you feel balloons lands on you two as someone throws them around in triumph.

Wait.

Hold up-

You sit up slowly, turning around to see your mum, your little sibling, and about the entire team kicking balloons and cheering.

And, how could you forget? Bokuto saunters over with the biggest grin on his face as he lifts you up to give your boyfriend a huge bear hug.

Akaashi pats your shoulder, nodding his acknowledgement.

"Did all of you guys help him plan this?" You ask, looking behind you at the team. Yaku steps forwards, a balloon in his hands as he smiles.

"Not exactly. Kuroo here has planned it all, we just offered a hand to set it up. Your mum was also a huge help, and she offered us toasties afterwards so win-win." Yaku winks at your mum who laughs him off.

"Oh, wow, thanks guys. You are all amazing." You open your arms, knowing that it won't take long before they all come in for a group hug.

After toasties and hot chocolates, you stand at the door, hugging them all goodbye and handing them each one of the roses Kuroo had made for you.

"Thank you, again." You wave as they leave, shutting the door and facing your boyfriend.

In his hands, two roses-red and black-as he holds the black one out for you. "I had a feeling you would have done that, so I made two more just so you didn't have to go without."

Your bottom lips wobbles, and you take the rose carefully, wrapping your arms around him in a tight hug. "Thank you for this, you went above and beyond."

"It's fine. Plus, I knew if I didn't do something extra, your best friend would have murdered me." He laughs, but the look in his eye held anything but humor.

"Oh! I have to tell her!" You jolt, now realising that your phone is probably glitching with all the notifications she'd be sending.

--
1222 words
(A/n if you don't have a date, Kuroo can be your date)
(Publishing this at 2am for me bcs I'm too excited)