|| 10-Kyokio S. ||

|| Protective ||
.
.
.
.

  Practice has been going for the past five minutes, but she hasn't been able to focus once as her mind wanders to the fact that her pocket feels lighter than usual.

  Her arms are full, so she can't check to see if her phone is in there, but she has a low feeling that she left it in her girlfriend's car.

  "Goddess Kyokio! Why aren't you walking away from me like usual? Is everything okay!?" Tanaka freaks out, rushing to worry over the manager as she shuffles the boxes over to touch her pocket and sigh when she feels it empty.

  "I'm fine." She says, walking over to the coach to place the boxes down for him.

  The gym doors squeak open as she bends down, and the whole gym goes still as you poke your head in to see if your lovely girlfriend was in here.

  In your hand, is her phone.

  "Ah, Shimizu! Here's your phone." You say, walking in and approaching the ravenette placing boxes onto the ground, the team watches as Kyokio smiles and takes her phone back, kissing you on your cheek before you turn around.

  Noticing all the stares, you raise an eyebrow. "What? Has Shimizu never spoken of me before?" You tease, not expecting a chorus of "no".

  "What?!" You gasp, turning to the girl as she waves you off with a smile. "Why not?!"

  "They don't need to know every detail about my outside life." She explains, you turn to face the team, remembering a face or two from back when you went to school.

  Then, a bald guy and a short guy stomp over to you, faces pulled up in angry sneers.

  "What do you have with our manager? You a cousin or somethin'?" The shorter one says, you raise an eyebrow at Kyokio, who walks over to you and wraps an arm around your shoulders.

  "No, Noya. Guys, this is my girlfriend (L/n). Babe, this is the chaotic team I'm always complaining about...and Ukai, who's the coach." She introduces, you nod, then turn your eyes on the two in front of you, no longer happy to meet these two.

  "Noya, short for Nishinoya? And you must be Tanaka?" You ask, they both nod, and you step forwards, getting up in the taller guys face.

  "Stop harrassing my girlfriend, or I'll fucking kill you."

  He steps in even closer, your noses touching.

  "You can't tell me what to do, I'll do whatever, whenever. She's our manager, you're just some chick—"

  Before he can finish, and before you can take a swing at him, Daichi grabs Tanaka's collar and drags him backwards, Ennoshita grabbing Noya so he doesn't try and finish what his best friend started.

  Kyokio's soft hands on your arms tell you to back off, and you do as she internally asks.

  "Alright, (L/n), no need to get my players all riled up." Ukai pipes in, sitting on his chair with an amused look on his face, you set your jaw and turn back to Tanaka.

  "This isn't over, baldy."

  A few days later, you're sitting with Kyokio and the three 3rd years at a park, catching up, when the sound of shouting pulled your attention to look at the five boys running towards you.

  The second years roll in, Ennoshita apologising to everyone, and you lock eyes with Tanaka.

  "No fighting." Daichi orders, you don't move a muscle as Tanaka plops down and hold his hand out.

  "I call a truce. We both have the same goal, to protect Kyokio from anything and everything, so let's work with that. We may not always see eye to eye, but at least we see level enough on this."

  You take a second, then shake his hand and turn to see Kyokio grinning at you.

  "You two will be great friends." Suga encourages, both Tanaka and you groan but don't say anything, he just leans over and takes one of Asahi's homemade cupcakes.

  You all sit in a loose circle, all of you properly introducing each other, and before long your lunch turned into a sunset afternoon tea.

  Kyokio lay between your legs, laughing with Suga, and you fiddle with her hair, raking your fingers through it loosely.

  You're the love of my life, I don't know what I'd do with you, Shimizu.

——
728 words