|| 19-Kyōtani K.

|| Jock ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where the first words your soulmate says to you are inked on your wrist)

  "Mum."

  Silence.

  "Mum."

  Silence.

  "Muuum."

  Silence.

  Jeez.

  You walk into the kitchen from your room, searching for your mother in your silent house.

  You had woken up not half an hour ago, laying in your bed until you finally got the energy to get up, only to find the house empty of anyone.

  "Hello??" You call, walking through the rest of the house and coming up with no one.

  Usually, you wouldn't wake up and shout for your mother, but today the words of your soulmate appeared on your wrist, so now you're trying to find her so she can help you out.

  Not only because you're confused, but also because the words on your wrist say, "is your mum's name (M/n)?"

  Finally, you spot the letter on the fridge telling you she had gone down town to buy a few things for dinner, and that she would be back later, so you flop onto the couch and try to figure out what scenario would have someone say that.

  Fortunately, you're saved from thinking for long when the doorbell rings—you trudge towards the door, still dressed in your pyjamas.

  Who would be here this time on a Saturday?

  You open the door, rubbing your palm into your eye as you take in the rather angry looking person standing on your doorstep holding a few letters.

  The guy had a dyed blonde buzz cut with two strips of black banding his head, and his eyes were lined with eyeliner. But what caught your attention was his basketball shorts and baggy ass tank top.

  Almost like he had just got back from some sport or something.

  "Is your mum's name (M/n)?" He asked, frowning at you, or maybe that was just his face.

  You pause your rubbing of the eye and lower your wrist to read again.

  "Oh, shit."

  I literally just got this shit this morning why is he here already??

  His eyes widen, and he doesn't ask you before grabbing your wrist and pressing his against yours.

  On his wrist, were the words, "oh, shit."

  At his touch, your skin prickles, and a good kind of spark tickles your spine. Your cheeks flush, but you try to play it off as you pull your wrist back and clear your throat awkwardly.

  "Um, hi. Yeah, that's her name, and mine is (Y/n)."

  So smooth.

  Any surprise on his face disappears, his face falling into neutrality as he hands you the letters. "These are for her, they keep putting your mail into ours...I'm Kyōtani."

  You smile, ignoring the sudden realisation of being in your PJ's and instead hold out your hand, her fingers tingling as something deep in you yearns to touch your soulmate again.

  He stares at your outstretched hand, blinking for a few seconds, before taking it and shaking. Tingles shoot through you again, you pull your hand back and stand there.

  What happens...now?

  Kyōtani seems to have the same thought, because he shuffles his shoes and clears his throat. "What now?"

  "Um...do you want my number?" You ask, pursing your lips, he blinks, reaching into his pants pocket to grab his phone and hand it to you.

  "Do you play a sport?" You ask, grabbing his phone to put your number in, he looks down at his attire, nodding slowly.

  "I guess, I play volleyball."

  You hand him back his phone, nodding with a smile despite your eyes catching on his muscled bicep as it ripples with the movements.

  "Maybe I could watch you play one day?" You ask, he blinks, almost like he wasn't expecting it, and he was saved from answering when the sound of your mum's car brakes squeak as she pulls into the driveway.

  You take that as a sign to depart, and wave as he descends the stairs, nodding his goodbye. You shut the door, a huge grin on your face as you run and flop onto the couch, your mum's mail thrown onto the coffee table.

  Oh my gosh I just met my—

  Your phone vibrates, and you hurry to check it, only to see a message from your mum telling you to come help her with the groceries.

  Once inside again, your mum notes the mail, asking where it came from.

  "Uh, some guy dropped it off, saying something about them mixing their mail with ours?" You say, tugging your sleeve down to hide the words written there.

  Your mum shrugs, leaving you to unpack the groceries while she does whatever mums do.

  You check your phone, a bag of apples in the other hand, and a weird muffled squeal passes your lips when you see a message on there from an unknown number.

  Nothing specific, just the time and date and gym that his next game was going to be at.

  Your grin was immovable as you texted a thumbs up, and finished the groceries.

  Oh my gosh I have a jock soulmate, I'm going to die!

——
852 words