|| 47-Nishinoya Y. ||

|| Pushover ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where you share a sense with your soulmate)

  "She's eating another doughnut." Nishinoya randomly spurts, Tanaka frowns, turning to look at him as they make their way to first period.

  The shorter male smiles, smacking his lips together as his taste buds explode with the sweetness of a doughnut at eight in the morning.

  "Man, you're so lucky. I want a soulmate!" Tanaka complains, Nishinoya laughs, patting his friend on the back as they pass by the first year's building, Nishinoya's nose catching on the smell of fresh baked doughnuts.

  As he turns to walk in, intrigued by the coincidence, Tanaka grabs him by the elbow and drags him to the second year's building, still complaining about being one of the very small few who have no soulmate.

  You rub a hand down your face, cinnamon doughnut between your jaws as you struggle to fill in the homework answers for the four popular girls all before the test was due.

  Look, you wouldn't call yourself a pushover, but when one of your fellow classmates asks you for help with work because they have something on that afternoon, you don't have it in you to say no.

  Which is how you ended up here.

  You are currently working on an English, Math, and two Geography worksheets, with your own assignment on top of that.

  I want to go home.

  You're startled by the sound of the bell for first period, and you rush out the rest of the answers sloppily, but correctly, before gathering your stuff and running for the girl's classes.

  You'd be lying if you said you didn't trip at least once.

  Finally, with four more doughnuts and a complimentary coffee, you drag your feet back to your first class, working on your own worksheet as you go.

  The girls had been so grateful, one even going so far as to offer you her fresh baked doughnuts she made this morning in the first year's teachers lounge.

  You denied, taking the shop bought one and bidding her a farewell.

  "(Y/n), you are late."

  You nod, opening the classroom door wider so you could walk in, slapping your worksheet on sir's desk and making your way to your seat as he huffs and starts the lesson.

  Halfway through, you started tasting pizza with your coffee, and instantly decided to throw the cup away as your soulmate must have been in cooking class or something.

  To be truthful, you had paid very little attention to the whole soulmate thing, it's not like the stats of finding them are high, nor is it likely you'll even like who you're paired with.

  So you've focused on school, ignoring the little taste hints your soulmate gives you.

  Nishinoya runs his tongue over his lips, tasting the pizza sauce from last period then cringing when the back taste of coffee chases the pizza.

  "Oh my god, she saved my life; miss would have failed me if she didn't do that for me." His attention catches at the sound of two girls, twisting to listen to their conversation better.

  "Right? Last week, she did my homework and the deadline was literally for that next morning!"

  Nishinoya's ears perked at the sound of this, and thoughts of how he could use this to his advantage made him smile, casually sliding up to the girls and wiggling his slitted eyebrows.