|| 21-Kenma K. ||

|| Awkward pt.1 ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where you swap bodies for a day, but you're forbidden to tell anyone until the day is up)

Everyone dreads the day.

Well, almost everyone dreads the day, those who don't are just weirdos.

You dread the day. Always have.

What day, might you ask, do you dread?

The day you wake up in some random body, with no idea where you are, who you are, and no way to tell someone and get help.

Which also led to you hope that you didn't have a soulmate; but if your past told you anything, luck was never on your side-take the time you tripped up the stairs near the front office at the start of the school year.

But, as you drift off to sleep one night, brain overloaded with school work, you didn't think once about the fact that the next morning you'd wake up with your face smushed on a keyboard.

Headset on your head pushed near your eyeballs.

"Hmph." You groan, removing the headset groggily, before pushing yourself up into a sitting position and glaring at the bright sunlight streaming through your window.

Wait... Your stomach dropped faster than the chair you sat upon as you shoot to your feet.

"No. Nononono!" You look down, noting the red tracksuit pants and no top over a rather remarkable set of muscles.

"Shit, no! My test! This...dude won't understand half the stuff on it! I'm going to freaking fail!" You stumble in your newfound long limbs, shaking off the sleep and heebie jeebies, before stumbling to the messed up bed, the table beside it holding a wallet and phone.

Oh gods, I really hope he...wait.

You glance down at the red tracksuit pants, the white letters written down the seams, and you frown, reaching for his wallet and checking for his student ID card.

"Kozume Kenma, second year at Nekoma High...shit." You groan, flopping back onto the bed, eyes widening at the silken sound of your soulmate a voice, only to groan again.

Not only does he play volleyball, he's the goddamn setter!

The sound of the phone vibrating had you shooting up, turning the alarm off and squinting at the lockscreen: a dark haired emo guy holding two cats.

Is he...gay? Then why are we soulmates? Why put him through this torture?

Then the phone dinged, and you catch the sight of a text from someone called "Cap'n Crunch", the contents sending panic through you.

Message:
Hey dude, I'm about five minutes away so you better be awake!

Looking around the room, you grab a shirt that looked like this Kenma guy wore yesterday, not bothering to struggle with the tie, and shrugging his jacket over the shirt.

After fumbling for shoes-why is his foot so damn big?-you find a gym bag with clothes in it, grabbing that, his school bag, and his phone and wallet before stumbling for the bathroom to check out his appearance.

Your stomach twists at the thought of having to use the bathroom later, and then it churns at the thought of him having to use your body for the bathroom as well.

The phone dings in your pocket, and you pull it out, frowning at the message from the Cap'n Crunch-he's outside?!

You glance at the mirror, pausing when you catch glittering cat-like gold eyes, and blonde-brown hair.