|| 31-Terushima Y. ||

|| Plums ||
.
.
.
.

  You feel the school desk shift as your childhood best friend sits down, laying his head on his arms on the tabletop as he stares at you.

  "Hey."

  Don't. You have to study. You have to use this spare period to catch up on

  "Hey."

  You force yourself to keep yourself in focus of your workbook, the pen in your fingers held tight.

  "Heyyyy."

  Ignore it. Just ignore

  "I'm going to tell everyone you're an alcoholic."

  Bitch

  "What do you want, Teru?" You sigh, hanging your head as he grins triumphantly.

  "I need a favour." He sits up, stretching his arms across the table and gripping the other side.

  "Of course you do. Look, mum said I can't give you any more money because your mum told her what you're using it for." You set the pen down, deciding on just doing your work at home.

  "Ignoring that. I need you to bleach my hair for me." He says, you frown, turning to look at him.

  "You hate people touching your hair."

  "Not true, just ask—"

  "I'm not asking anyone."

  "Fine. Only certain people can touch my hair, and I'm giving you permission; I need you to bleach my hair this afternoon because I have a match soon and I can't look like a dork."

  You open your mouth to give him a smartass remark about him already looking like a dork, but he presses a finger to your lips and silences you.

  Until you clamp your teeth over his finger and he lets out a shout of pain.

  "Keep those gross ass fingers from my face or I'll bite them off." You snap, shoving your books into your bag and swinging it over your shoulder.

  Terushima takes a second to cradle his red finger before getting up and following you out of the classroom.

  "I'm sorry. But please, can you do my hair?"

  "Why can't your mum?"

  "She just got her nails done and she doesn't want to mess them up."

  Right. Forgot about the hour long rant my mum went on last night about how Teru's mum can afford to get her nails done but we're "barely hanging on".

  "Uh, fine. I'll come by later after I finish studying and do your hair."

  You catch his little victory dance in the corner of your eye, and a ghost of a smile graces your face.

  "Alright, well thanks I'll see you later!" He pats your shoulder before turning on his heel and running the other direction

  You shake your head.

  What an adorable idiot.

  That afternoon, you tug on the black plastic gloves and mix the bleach in the bottle while Terushima fixes himself on the white yard chair, the towel around his shoulders protecting his huge Billie Eilish shirt from getting bleach on it.

  "Okay, you ready?" You ask, stepping closer and flipping your sunglasses over your eyes.

  You were out on his driveway, and the sun was close to setting, but his mum wouldn't let him get the bleach in the bathroom so you opted to be out here.