|| 45-Miya A. ||

|| Sunlight ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where there's a distance meter on your wrist telling you how far away your soulmate is)
(Idk where you live, but in this oneshot you live in Australia)

  Nerves twist in your stomach as you stand by the bus waiting for your dance teacher to check you off the clipboard.

  You've wanted to be a dancer your whole childhood, and you were just turning four when your parents finally saved enough to put you in for lessons.

  Thirteen years ago.

  Ever since, you've been hooked.

  You dance all kinds of styles, but your favourite would have to be ballet—everyone you knew who saw you dance, including your dance teacher, agreed that you were absolutely hypnotic when you did ballet.

  So instead of doing all round dance practice, your parents sprung for special ballet lessons at your school a few years ago.

  Which is what landed you here, still on home soil, waiting to head to Tokyo for a huge dance competition that your dance group were competing in—you were also the only one that had a solo dance, which would be why you're currently about to piss yourself despite being nine hours away.

  Kind of; the dance teacher had said that the team is taking a non stop flight to Tokyo, and that the flight would in fact be nine hours and forty five minutes.

  Still, it didn't help your nerves.

  "(Y/n) and Savannah, you two have the seats three rows in: you two will be buddies during our trip, and where one goes, so does the other."

  You nod, looking behind you to the smaller, red head girl as she grins at you, lifting her dance bag and her suitcase before approaching you.

  "Hey buddy!" She nudges your arm, and you smile at her, grabbing your own bags and carrying them to the side of the bus to be packed.

  Once inside and settled, Savannah elbows your ribs and wiggles her eyebrows. "Cute tattoo."

  Your eyes instantly go to your wrist, where the direct coordinates of your soulmate sit, ticking silently with every step they takes. "Oh, yeah."

  Soulmates are rare, like one in ten rare.

  You just so happened to be that one.

  You glance down at her wrist, and see it bare. "Does it hurt?"

  You draw your eyes back to your wrist as her finger hovers over it, tempted to touch but not sure. "No, I forget it's there sometimes." You lift your wrist, letting her feel the raised numbers—like a fresh tattoo.

  "Ohh cool!" She oogles at it, holding your wrist and staring at it from all angles as the last group enters the bus and the teacher follows suit.

  "Okay, we have a thirty minute drive to the airport! When we get there we will have no time for stops so stay with your buddy and stay with the group!" After her loud pep-talk, your teacher sinks down into the front seat beside the driver and starts up a conversation with the older male.

  Thirty minutes of shared music had you and your "buddy" becoming best friends, and you link elbows as you exit the bus, heading to grab your bags.

  "Huddle, girls!" Your teacher says, you all gather around on the curb, huddled close as she hands each of you your tickets. "Stay close: link arms, hold hands, whatever just don't lose one another. Okay?"

  The group nods, different expressions of agreement leaving the few before she ushers everyone to grab their bags before the plane leaves without you.

  You swallow your nerves, looking around the airport at the realisation that you'll be gone for five days—the farthest and the longest you've been away from home, away from your parents.

  Shaking your head, you link elbows and hold Savannah's hand as she grabs the sleeve of one of your upperclassmen who starts a train of hand holding.

  I've got this. We've got this.

  Atsumu didn't realise his sister was talking to him until a pillow knocked his headset off his head and into his lap.

  He twists, glaring and ready to start a fight with his brother only to faulter at the sight of his younger sister frowning at him with her arms crossed.

  "Why are you ignoring me?" She snaps, tapping her foot against the floorboards, Atsumu blinks, lifting his headphones and pointing at them with the other hand.

  "I had these on? Why would I hear you?" He asks, she sighs, rolling her eyes before walking towards him and leaning on the back of his chair.

  The silence that follows makes Atsumu shuffle, confused why she's in here if she won't repeat herself.

  "So...why are you in here?" He asks, looking up at her as she stares at his paused game.

  Pursing her lips, she shrugs, moving to walk back out of the room only to pause just by the door and grin at him.

  "Mum said you have to come to a ballet comp with me because Osamu is out with Suna all day tomorrow."

  She shuts the door, cutting his loud groan of displeasure off from the rest of the house.

  "Whyyyyy!!"

  Before coming to Tokyo, you and the rest of your dance group had taken Japanese lessons for a month, so you could say basic phrases without the constant need of either the dance teacher or the translator.

  So now, as you stand outside the Tokyo airport waiting for the hire bus to take you to the hotels, you and Savannah voice questions and answers off of each other to make sure you have the proper gist of it.

  "Girls!" The teacher calls the group over to the bus terminal, where a small man waits to put the team's bags in and then drive you the half an hour to the hotel where you'll sleep before the terrifying competition tomorrow.

  As much as you have been nervous, you couldn't help but notice the fact that the distance between you and your soulmate have shorted from the Sydney airport to here.

  To which, Savannah pointed out that your soulmate was probably from here; you nodded along, despite feeling weird about having a soulmate hours away, who you've never met and you probably won't ever meet.

  Savannah grabs your elbow, dragging you out of your thoughts and onto the bus, babbling about her airport crush you had passes on your way out.

  You sigh, exhausted after the flight, and slide in beside her on one of the seats, a few other girls following suit before the teacher climbs aboard and takes roll call.

——
1105 words
(A/n for MsWheelChair part 1/2)