|| Kunimi A. ||

|| Acorn ||
.
.
.
.
(Sequel to || 18-Kunimi A. ||)

  After about three hours, six coffees, a change of clothes, and a bowl of fruit courtesy of your friend's dad, you both now lay on the slightly deflated air mattress.

  The silence was deafening.

  You wait patiently for her to blow up, to tell you to leave, or to smack you again.

  Instead, she slowly slides off the bed, grabbing the same orange pens she used last night, and crawling back around to your ankle.

  "What are you doing?" You ask, sitting up, she purses her lips, popping the lid off the pen and grabbing your ankle.

  "A squirrel is nothing without a tree."

  "Oh."

  Another heavy silence smothers you two, and you look around her legs to see your sloppy cow, and you gasp when you see a huge cow dick beside the udder.

  You didn't draw a dick.

  At the gasp, she turns to look at you, clearly confused. "What happened? I haven't stabbed you yet."

  Yet??

  You brush it off, instead pulling some hardcore judo moves from tv so that she was beneath you, and you grab her thigh.

  "You were so focused on my squirrel that you didn't even notice the dick! You have a soulmate! Fucked as he is!" You shout, grinning as realisation washes over her and she starts to squeal.

  It was now your turn to tackle, kiss, punch, and kiss her again.

  She giggled, forgetting your tree and using the orange pen to draw half a heart on her wrist.

  You feel a soft tickle on your ankle, and you jerk your leg, thinking the worst, only to see the leafy top of your friends forgotten tree completed by your soulmate.

  You kind of forgot she was there, as you pick up a pen and scribble down a word, hoping it went through.

  'hey'

  When you see his reply, you smile, moving to write on your wrist instead.

  Your friend screams, you turn to see her wringing her wrist, where the heart was completed.

  Happy pride filled your chest, even though her soulmate's name wasn't on her, she was still so excited to have one—not mentioning the disappointment she had yesterday when she spoke of the possibility of her soulmate being younger.

  'how are you'

  You wait for his reply, ignoring the kicking of your friends feet, and her squeals when her soulmate would write something to her.

  'ok hbu'

  You purse your lips, thinking he was a little dry in his writing, but still answer, then write your own name down.

  'nice name Im guessing you aready know mine'

  'yeah its pretty hard to not know who the infamous first years of Aoba Johsai are'

  'what school do you go to?'

  You hesitate, but before you could answer, the tickle tells you that he wrote again.

  'idk if you live near Shiratorizawa or not or if you go to aoba johsai but I'm near the big purple school today if you wanted to meet up?'

  Butterflies fill your stomach, and you grip the pen between your fingers to the point it groans with breaking point pressure.

  Your friend perks up at the motion, and reads your arm, another squeal emitting from her. "Do it! Do it, do it, do it!"

  "I...I dunno, what if I'm not what he wants? What if...me going to Shiratorizawa and him at the rivalling school puts us both in the shitter? What if—"

  "Shut the fuck up with your "what if's", he asked to meet you, you say yes."

  Before you could argue, she grabs her pen again and writes a very big, very messy, yes on your arm.

  His reply was immediate.

  Half an hour later, you're getting out of your friend's dad's car, her following, as you head for the café where he said he was having lunch.

  "Hey, I'm like really nervous. Maybe we should just—" you turn around, but she loops her arm through yours and continues to pull you towards the café.

  You don't fight her, instead grabbing a pen from her pocket (she said her soulmate wanted to talk all day) and writing a quick little message for Kunimi.

  'we're outside'

  He doesn't reply, and instead of calling it a day, you unloop your guy's arms and cautiously approach the first step.

  Your friend waits behind you, grinning like a nerd, when suddenly the door opens and you both have to step back.

  "Wow."

  You pause, looking up into the face of Kunimi, his sleeve rolled up with your writing on his forearm.

  He only had to look down at your own to see his name.

  "H-hi." You stammer, looking behind you at your friend, who was still grinning like a nerd.

  "Hi, would you like to come in?" His soft voice rolls off of you, and you can't help the goosebumps as you take his hand and walk up those steps—your skin afire with the touch.

  The rest of the day is spent walking the streets, talking about everything and anything, and eventually, at the end of the day, you swapped numbers, a promise to meet him for lunch again near Aoba Johsai High was whispered after a kiss on the cheek.

  You'd be lying if you said you didn't catch your friend videoing you a few times, and snapping multiple pictures.

——
896 words
(A/n for the lovely LynxDoesntSimp, here is your squeal)