|| 17-Yamaguchi T. ||

|| Bellis Perennis ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where whatever you draw on yourself will appear on your soulmate and vice versa)

  Another daisy.

  You watch as an intricate drawing of a daisy appears on your pulse point on your wrist, the details fine, as if your soulmate where an artist that had studied daisy for hours just to draw for you.

  I should...draw one too? I'm not much of an artist, maybe I'll just draw a heart or something.

  You reach over your bed to the small table beside it, grabbing one of your many pens and scribbling a small heart beside the daisy, smiling when another heart appears beside it.

  "(Y/n)?" Your mum shouts, you sit up, your blanket falling off your bed with the movement.

  "Yeah?"

  There was silence that followed, so instead of shouting for her, you rolled out of bed, groaning, and slumped your way to the kitchen.

  Your mum stood with the pantry wide, hands on her hips. "I need you to go get—what's that?"

  You hide your arm behind you, shrinking back when she walks up to you, eyes burning with some strong emotion.

  Perhaps it was because her soulmate left her for some bartender when you were barely five.

  "Don't get your hopes up, he probably won't even want to be tied down to someone like you."

  Someone...like me? What does that mean?

  "Anyway," you quickly mask your hurt, watching as she turns back to the pantry. "I need you to go down to the corner store and get me flour: self-raising, so I can make cupcakes for your sister's bake sale."

  "Okay." You stuff your hands into your pyjama pants, looking down to see your tank top and shorts before shrugging.

  It's not like you'll see anyone at nine am on a Sunday, right?

  "Money is on the kitchen table, hurry back." She says, you note her dismissing tone, nodding and making your way to the table.

  You pull on a pair of boots, stuffing the cash in your back pocket and walking out of the house.

  The street was silent, still asleep probably, and your thankful you don't have to say hello to anyone as you toddle towards the shop.

  A soft tingle alerts you of another drawing, and you look down to see another daisy, this one bigger, more detailed, and you couldn't help but smile.

  I wonder what my soulmate is doing right now? Other then drawing to me, of course.

  After a few more turns and silent houses, the corner store looms up ahead, the sun right in your eyes as you walk up the small hill towards it.

  Holy shit, I have to start on my cardio, or at least start walking more.

  Finally, you open the door, the cool air of the air conditioner blowing the strands of your air back and off your face.

  "Hello." The blonde man says his greeting, not even looking twice at your attire before turning his attention back to his newspaper.

  You nod, walking straight for the aisle with the flours and sugars and stuff.

  Self-raising...self-raising... self-rais—oh!

  In your search, you had stumbled over someone crouched, looking at the opposite aisle. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" You blurt, rubbing your backside.

  The person stands, offering a hand to help you up, you take it, looking up at the flustered face of the green haired boy.

  "No, please, it's my fault! I shouldn't have been squatting, I was in your way, I am so sorry!" He lets your arm go, and you notice a smudge of black on his wrist before he starts fussing over you.

  "It's okay, I should have been paying better attention to where I was walking!" You try to stop his worrying, and he frowns, bringing his hands to his face as he groans.

  That's when you catch it, the drawings on his wrist, and your stomach drops, your face with it.

  Oh god.

  "Um, can I see your wrist?" He stops moving, looking over his hands at you, before slowly flipping both of his wrists for you to see.

  Oh my god.

   At his concerned look, you flip your own wrist, laying it beside his one, and the both of you seem to stop moving.

  Neither of you take a breath, in the far off distance you could hear the bell on the door ring, mentioning someone either entered or left, but you were torn between either breaking down or screaming.

  "He probably won't even want to be tied down to someone like you."

  Your mother's words echo in your head, and you snatch your wrist back, stomach twisting. "I-I'm sorry, I have to go."

  The guy opens his mouth, probably to ask you to stay, but you quickly grab the bag of flour closest to you and rush for the door—throwing the cash at the startled cashier as you go.

  You were probably half way down the hill when a calloused hand grips your arm, pulling you back.

  "Why did you run?" His velvet voice was full of innocent hurt, and you frown, trying to figure out why you did run.

  "He probably won't even want to be tied to someone like you." Oh yeah, that's why.

  "I'm sorry, I just–look at me! I wasn't expecting to find the one my soul is destined to today; hell, I'm in my pyjamas!"

  He looks down, a sweet smile cracking his face, and you can't help but to smile with him, your heart fluttering at the sight.

  Goddamn this soulmate bond.

  "Please don't run. I don't care if you are wearing pyjamas or a fur coat, I'm just so happy that I've finally found you." He grins, looking at you, his green eyes wide.

  He is really cute...

  "Okay, I'm sorry." You mumble, looking down, he places a finger on your chin, making you look up at him, and he smiles again.

  "I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi."

  "(L/n) (Y/n), it's nice to meet you, finally."

—_A few months/a year later_—

  Another daisy.

  You grin, looking at your wrist at the perfectly drawn daisy, and reach over your bed to grab a pen and draw a heart beside it.

  You and Yamaguchi have been dating for a while now, and every morning you wake up to a daisy drawn perfectly on your pulse point.

  And just like the day you met, you draw a heart either beneath or beside it, and when he finishes practice, he'll draw a similar but better heart beside yours.

  He never explained why he drew daisies, only that he drew them for you.

——
1112 words