|| 46-Bokuto K. ||

|| Help ||
.
.
.
.
(!TW! Mentions suicidal thoughts, s/h)

__
Akaashi K.
(6:45pm)

Hello Akaashi, I was just
wondering if you saw Kō
today?

He hasn't been answering
my calls or texts and I
haven't seen him since
yesterday morning

I'm a little concerned bcs he
doesn't go this long without
telling me how much he
misses/loves me ahah

(7:02pm)

Hello (Y/n), I apologise
for the late reply

No I have not seen
Bokuto, nor have I heard
from him, I was hoping
you had? He hasn't come
to practice in two days
either, which is very odd
of him.

Ah, okay well thanks
anyway

I'll try his phone again

Don't you have his mum's
number?

Oh, yeah! I'll call her
and see if she's heard
from him

Okay, update me, please.

Of course, talk later

👍

__

You frown, scrolling through your contacts and hesitating over your seven months boyfriend's number, before clicking the one below it and pressing the phone icon.

It takes a few rings, and finally Mrs Bokuto-otherwise known as mama to the volleyball team and yourself-picks up, and you sigh.

"Hello?"

"Hello, mama! I was just calling to see if Bokuto is okay? He hasn't been to practice and-"

"Oh, honey..." She cuts you off, then trails off herself, and your stomach ties itself into knots as you wait for more. "He...Kōtarō has not left his room in almost three days, and I think he's going back into a depression episode again."

You were this close, this close, to hanging up and calling him, but you don't and just wait for her to talk again.

When she doesn't, you decide to speak up. "Is he okay? Why hasn't he told me about this before?"

"I don't know sweetheart, Kōtarō is an open book, but when it comes to his mental health, no one can tell when it might strike." You could hear the heavy sadness in her voice, and you bunch your fist into balls in your bedsheets, wanting to be there for him and her.

But your parents aren't the best, and if you even dared to talk to them about leaving at this time, they'd make you break up with Kō and never let you step foot out of the house again.

"Is there anyway I could help?" You lower your voice, trying to seem soothing despite the rapids of thoughts rushing through your mind.

"I wish there was, but I don't even know what to do...is there any chance you could come by tomorrow?" She sounds so hopeful, and you take a minute to craft a plan in your mind before you hum.

"I can try, but I'm worried mama...can you put him on the phone somehow?" You ask, sitting on the edge of your bed and reaching for your stress teddy.

"Um, I will give it a go sweetie, but he doesn't really talk to anyone at the beginning of it." You could hear her walking through their massive house, heading for her oldest son's room.