|| 11-Ukai K. ||

|| Substitute ||
.
.
.
.

  "She's so pretty!" Noya coos, his eyes hearts as he reminisces of his new substitute teacher.

  "Not at pretty as Kyokio, right man??" Tanaka asks, the substitute is the only class he doesn't have with his best mate, and now he's curious of what she looks like.

  "I'm sorry bro, but this is a woman! Her smell, her hair, her everything is just so–"

  "You do know that she's like ten years older then you, right? And you two could never be in a relationship? Plus, she's probably married, or has a boyfriend." Ennoshita cuts in, Noya looks at him with an annoyed scowl.

  "Way to ruin the mood, man." He sighs, hitting the taller boy in his shoulder, the group laugh at the smallest as he huffs.

  "You just watch, I'll make her fall for me!" Noya says, suddenly feeling determined, Narita lifts his hand up as if he were still in class.

  "You do that that she'll loose her teaching degree and will probably never get to teach again if you date her, right?"

  Noya turns to the boy, puffing his cheeks. "Why is everyone trying to dampen my parade!?"

  Ennoshita opens his mouth to explain why trying to get with a teacher is a bad thing, when they all get caught off guard by a shout.

  "Nishinoya!"

  The group turns, Noya's grin brighter then the sun, as they all watch as a woman approaches them.

  "Miss (L/n)! To what do I owe the honour??" Noya calls out, you smile, and the group all stare, mouths open, at you.

  "You left your workbook behind. I tried calling you back but you were already gone." You say, handing the smirking boy his book before turning to the group.

  "Hello all, I'm Miss (L/n), I'm the substitute for Mr Collards' English class." You introduce yourself, Ennoshita shakes your hand, introducing the group as they each close their mouths and smile at you.

  After you've left, and the boys all gawk with Noya, Tanaka and Nishinoya come up with a ridiculous idea.

  The others disagree, but nothing can change the two guys mind once they're made.

  Later on, at practice, Tanaka signals for Noya to start they're plan, and Ennoshita face palms at them.

  "Hey, coach!" Noya shouts, Ukai turns from the clipboard in Kyokio's arms and raises an eyebrow at the short brunette.

  "Yes? What did you break this time?" He asks, Tanaka hides his laugh as Noya huffs and rolls his eyes.

  "Nothing, jeez, bro trust in the place smh."

  "Did you just say–" Suga gets cut off by Nishinoya, as the libero lifts a finger and approaches the coach slyly.

  "I just remembered I left my workbook in my English classroom, could you go get it for me? The substitute wants me to study up tonight for a quiz tomorrow." Noya says, ignoring the groan from Ennoshita in the background.

  "Uh, why can't you–?" Just like they planned, Tanaka starts shouting at Noya, something along the lines of Nishinoya couldn't receive all of his spikes.

  Knowing how competitive the two are, Ukai sighs and takes his leave, heading for the classroom with a tired eyeroll.

  You were humming to yourself, going through tomorrow's schedule, when the door gets opened and a man in slippers steps in.

  "Um, can I help you?" You ask, standing up and slowly walking over to the man, he freezes, looking you over as you walk.

  "Oh, shit, uh, sorry. I'm the coach for the volleyball team, and my libero said he left his book in here earlier." Ukai explains, lifting his hand for you to shake.

  You stare at him, taking in his attire, and his hair, and piercings, and slippers, before shaking his hand.

  "I'm the substitute, (L/n). What's your libero's name?"

  "Ukai. No wait, I'm Ukai, his name is Nishinoya." Ukai rubs his tired face as he tries to hide his embarrassment.

  You laugh.

  He doesn't laugh.

  You stop laughing.

  "Right, sorry. Um, I gave him his workbook at lunchtime, are you sure you're not thinking of someone else or..?"

  Ukai sighs, running a hand through his hair, and shakes his head. "No, he's annoying like this. Sorry for bothering you, it was nice to meet you though."

  You watch him walk out, lifting a hand and mumbling out, "yeah, you too." before shaking off your cobwebbed brain and returning to your desk.

  Nishinoya and Tanaka had to run laps for putting Ukai through that embarrassment, but it didn't stop them from setting up little loops where you and Ukai bump into each other.

  You couldn't lie, Ukai was a rather...attractive specimen.

——
778 words