|| 40-Oikawa T. ||

|| Kid ||
.
.
.
.

  Oikawa narrows his eyebrows at his nephew, the bald headed young man picking his nose with one hand while the other holds Oikawa's favourite volleyball.

  They're at the park with the other third years, all of them practicing with Takeru because why not?

  But right now, Matsun and Iwaizumi had run off to get lunch while Oikawa sat with Takeru.

  Makki apparently found someone else over the other side of the park more interesting than his long time friends.

  "Don't wipe that on my ball."

  Takeru jumps, caught off guard as he plunges his booger finger into the earth beneath them. "What?"

  Oikawa rolls his eyes, taking his ball back before laying on his elbows and locking his ankles. "I said don't wipe that snot rocket on my ball."

  "What snot rocket?" Takeru tries to seem like he wasn't doing what he was just doing, instead he gets up and makes a run for the playset, ears pink with the embarrassment of being caught.

  I am so telling your mum about that.

  "Oikawa! You look like a pervert!" Makki shouts, which probably wasn't the best idea considering the playground full of children and now looks being shot between the two approaching the pretty boy and the pretty boy who tries to seem less like a creep.

  Makki grabs your wrist and drags you over to sit down with Oikawa, the brunette sitting up and setting the volleyball in his lap as he checks you out.

  "Ohio! What's your name, cutie?" Oikawa winks at you, and you frown.

  "Is that not a state or something?" You ask, crossing your legs, your knee knocking Makki's as he grins at Oikawa.

  "What?" The brunettes smile falters, and you shrug. "I was just—"

  "My name is (Y/n). I'm guessing you are Oikawa, if not for the way Makki shouted your name, then for the playboy greeting and your face being in almost every sports magazine these days."

  Oikawa perks up, a semi genuine smile on his face. "You like sports?"

  "Of course, I like watching it; I'm not a player." You admit, he rolls his volleyball over to you, and you grab it, examining the old, peeling, flakey layers.

  "I've had that for years, since I was a kid. Do you wanna play?" He asks, you purse your lips, looking at Makki who was waving at two other guys as they hurry over with two bags in their hands.

  "Guys! This is—"

  "(Y/n)!" Makki gets cut off by Matsun, and you smile, standing up to hug your old friend as he drops his bag nearly on Oikawa, who protests at the disrespect.

  "Hey! It's been a while!" You grin, pulling back to punch him in the arm. Matsun chuckles, ruffling your hair in return.

  "(Y/n) this is Iwaizumi, Oikawa's best friend and our unofficial daddy!" Makki teases the shorter male, who rolls his eyes and shoulders his way to sit beside Oikawa, opening the bags of food and letting the smell of pork buns and rice balls waft into your face.

  You're grateful your stomach doesn't growl as you catch the sight of a young boy running towards the bags.

  "Emphasis on daddy." Matsun whispers, bending so his mouth was closer to your ear so said male couldn't hear.

  You shoulder him off, shaking your head up at him as he grins.

  That's when you realise you still had Oikawa's volleyball in your arms, and you crouch down to roll it back to the brunette. He blinks, catching it, and you realise he had been trying to seem sly but was actually staring at you.

  Creep.

  Makki invites you to stay, and you look around at the others for their approval before you intrude on their lunch.

  "Stay, we have plenty of food." Iwaizumi pats the grass beside him, and Oikawa nods, smiling as he hands a pork bun to the kid.

  Matsun grabs the strap of your backpack and drags you down to the ground, nudging your shoulder as you sink down between Makki and him.

  "Who's she?" The kid asks, Makki goes to introduce you, but Oikawa beats him to the punch.

  "That's (Y/n)! She'll be playing volleyball with us after lunch!"

  Excuse me?

  You realise that Oikawa must be related to the little kid when they both turn to you and grin at you with identical smiles, a single dimple beneath both of their right eyes.

  "I suppose I could stay for a game." You sigh, giving in to the adorable eyes of the kid.

  Oikawa cheers, encouraging the boy as he dances around, shuffling closer so that his face was really close to yours, same grin on his face.

  "I'm Takeru! Oikawa is my uncle!" He shouts, you hum, noting the similarities, and watching as the kid shuffles back to oikawa and takes another pork bun.

  Makki serves you a paper plate with food, knowing you aren't an animal, and you take it, catching Oikawa staring at you multiple times through the meal.

  After the food, they all sit back, stuffed, and Takeru takes off for the playset again.

  "Thanks for that, it was good catching up with you all again." You say, getting up in hopes of getting out of the game.

  Oikawa reaches up and grabs your wrist, and you stop, looking down at him as he pouts. "You said you'd play a game?"

  Something about his eyes does something to you, and you fold, plopping back down to sit beside Makki, who lays back on the grass and curls up.

  "I don't think there will be a game, Oikawa." You say, the brunette looks over at his nephew and smiles.

  "Then just sit and hang out with us! I'd like to get to know you better." He says, no playboy smile, no other underlying double play.

  So you sit back and smile.

——
982 words
(A/n I have been struggling with typing really bad, half due to my nails, the other half because I have major writers block that won't go away, so please don't hate me and enjoy this Oikawa scrap)