|| 23-Miya O. ||

|| Paper ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU where if you write a letter specifically for your soulmate, they'll get it and can write back)

  You've been meaning too.

  I mean, with school, and work, and homework, and family, it completely slipped your mind.

  Like, you didn't mean to leave the note from your soulmate stuck in your computer screen.

  The first note ever, from the one person who's soul is destined for your own, and yet you couldn't even spare five minutes to write back.

  How cruel are you?

  You sigh, running your hands down your face as you struggle to get your brain working for your essay.

  You've been hunched over your desk writing for the last two hours, and yet everything you've written doesn't seem to fit your bill, so the piles of trash behind you was almost big enough to make a back rest.

  The soft flutter of paper caught your attention, especially since all your windows were closed and you didn't have a fan.

  You open your eyes, frowning at the sight of the folded piece of notebook paper laying on your workbook.

  Without much thought, you grabbed the paper, unfolding it and squinting to read the contents.

  It read:
hey idk if anyone getting these, but the notes are disappearing, so maybe u r and dont want to talk
thats cool Im Osamu, and itd be cool if u wrote back yk

  Blinking slowly, you pick up your pen, reaching for the other letter on your computer and reading it.

  It read:
:,)
ur soulmate

  Frowning, you scribble back a reply, introducing yourself. Your eyes widen when the paper poofs out of existence, not noise, smell, or even ink to prove it had gone or was even here.

  A few seconds pass, the paper appears again, and you shuffle around before opening it, nerves tickling your stomach.

  It read:
Hey (y/n)
how old r u? 1 yr or 2 yr?

  You write back, your reply short, telling him your age, and that you're a second year.

  It disappears, then reappears, this time the letters where messy, scribbled in a frantic, and also very loud.

  If writing can be loud.

  It took you a second to decifer it, but eventually you did—it read:

HI ABE yO MU BROThErS SOLMATE?? TaS SO CoOl

  You write back a simple, "yes" before pushing it all back in your mind and packing your stuff away, crawling into bed.

  You were partially asleep when a piece of paper lands in your chest, the paper crumpled, and even a little ripped.

  You turn on the light on your bedside, squinting at the letters—neater then before, and able to decipher.

  It read:
apologies my brothers a nosey bastard
can we continue this tmr? its cool to know I have a soulmate
oh and r u a guy or girl?

  You reply back, telling him yes and that you are a female, the paper disappears, and you roll over, not realising that a new note flutters down onto your bedside table.

  That morning, you roll over, turning your alarm off and rubbing your eyes awake. A few seconds of tried yawns and stretching occurs, before you note the three pieces of paper piled on your desk.