|| 12-Hinata S. ||

|| Sitter ||
.
.
.
.

  "Okay, I'll remember that, have fun Ms Hinata!" You call, the older lady gives a soft smile as she climbs into her car.

  As she drives away, the small girl with matching red hair comes running from her room and latching to your leg.

  "(Y/nnn)!!! Are you staying tonight??" She squeals, you pat her head and smile at her, walking awkwardly with her on your leg back inside.

  "I'm not to sure, it all depends on when your mum gets home." You hobble into the living room, where the takeout boxes sit.

  Natsu climbs off your leg and helps you sort out the leftovers from the rubbish, and soon enough you two are curled up on the couch watching a movie.

  Soft snores come from her lips, and you waste no time in carrying her back to her room, tucking her in and pushing her hair from her face gently.

  The soft jingle of keys in the door has you on high alert, peering around the corner of the hall and watching as a figure slumps in, bag falling to the floor as they sigh.

  Oh, Shoyo's home late.

  "Hey," you murmur, walking out from the hall and greeting the middle blocker with a smile. He turns, smiling at you, then grabs his bag again as if he didn't want you seeing him so careless and exhausted.

  "You're still here?" He asks, walking to his room and throwing his bag onto the messy bed, shutting the door and walking with you to the kitchen.

  "Sure am, your mum isn't back yet, so I figured it's safer to be here with Natsu, then have her here alone until either of you got home." You explain, dishing him a plate and sitting it in the oven—turning it on and shutting the door.

  "Oh, sorry. Practice ran over pretty late tonight; all I just wanted was to sit on a bench and sleep on my way home." Shoyo jokes, slumping against the counter and laying his head in his arms tiredly.

  "Once you eat, you can head to bed—but you have to eat first."

  He yawns, nodding, and you keep an eye on the oven as you stack the dishes up for you to do later.

  "How was she?"

  "Who?"

  Shoyo fixes his posture, rubbing his face and reaching for a stray glass of water Natsu had earlier.

  "Mum. I haven't gotten to see her more than a few minutes in...forever." He says, his voice soft, you purse your lips, nodding.

  "She's doing pretty well, work is good...she's out on a girls night tonight, so I don't expect her to be back soon, or wake up early." He nods, hiding his disappointment behind his arms as he buries his face in his arms again.

  You take out his dinner, sliding it over to him and leaning on the counter. He doesn't wait for it to be remotely cool before he shovels half of it into his mouth.

  "How's practice? And school?" You ask, resting your chin on your palm, watching as he wipes his mouth and shrugs.

  "Not bad, school sucks but you can't help that." He finishes the plate, and you take it to stack on top of the others.

  "Fair enough."

  You both move to the couch, resuming Natsu's movie, and he sinks into the cushions. You pay him not much mind, only really freaking out when his head rolls to land on your shoulder.

  Soft snores much like his sister's leave his lips, and you can't help the little smile tugging at the corner of your lips—his brows furrowing as he snuggles in closer to your neck, humming.

  Butterflies fill your stomach, and you shuffle into a more comfortable position, knowing you won't be getting up until he wakes in the morning.

  A few hours later, Ms Hinata returns home, keys softly clattering into the bowl by the door. She frowns, hearing the TV still going and the kitchen lights still on.

  «What the..?»

  She walks into the kitchen, turning the light off, then walks to the living room, her heart melting and the image of her eldest son cuddled up beside the babysitter.

  «They're so cute!»

  She pulls out her phone, taking a few photos, before turning the TV off, tossing a blanket over the two of you, and walking into her room, a soft smile on her lips knowing that her son isn't going to grow old alone like she herself.

——
747 words

(A/n: just pulled this outta my ass, sorry for the months long wait for an update T^T  p.s. thank you sm for so many reads holy hell!!)