|| 48-Tsukishima K. ||

|| Crushing ||
.
.
.
.
(No hate towards Nishinoya, I love him with all my heart but I just had to shine a bit of a dick energy on him for the plot ;-;)

  Let's just get this straight, you don't go to school.

  You're homeschooled.

  BUT that doesn't stop you from joining after school clubs.

  The Karasuno volleyball club for instance.

  Just to be clear, you aren't actually a manager, you just join practice sometimes to give Yachi, your best friend, some company when Kyokio gets too busy or the others are getting a little over the top.

  Or just in general to help out...totally not because Ukai offers you free food when you help.

  He's like an uncle of sorts, despite not having an actual relation to each other, he just kind of adopted you when you started showing up at practices.

  Which is why you are running through Karasuno grounds to the gym, where the lights are on and laughter could be heard inside, you catch a glimpse of Yachi passing the stairs, and you slow down enough to make it look casual as you step into the gym.

  Your eyes scan the room for your best friend, then your crush.

  Both of them blondes.

  You get a lot of weird looks when you admit to your friends that you do have a crush on the blonde salt shaker, especially when Yachi pipes in with another bad thing he said or did that week.

  "(Y/n), how nice of you to join us, again. For the fourth time in four days; is that a new record?" Ukai shouts, you send him a glare as he grins at you, also knowing of your crush, and you step towards him, ducking just in time to avoid the hurricane of a short man that tries to tackle you to the ground.

  Nishinoya and Tanaka will never get the hint, no matter how many times you girls slap them, or how many times you have thrown literal bags at them.

  "I hate you," you casually mutter, Ukai chuckles, shaking his head as he turns back to his clipboard while you place your elbow on his shoulder—his old man's knees giving out so he has to sit.

  Your eyes naturally gravitate back to the tall blonde, and you start when you see him looking you over, not even caring he was caught, before nodding at something Yams said, turning back to the shy guy.

  Okay...

  Unfortunately, you can't dwell on that fact too long before Nishinoya comes bouncing over, Tanaka not even noticing because Kyokio was filling the water bottles outside with Yachi.

  "Hey pretty mamas," he starts, sliding up and placing a hand around your waist as you cringe and wiggle out of his touch. Ukai doesn't seem to notice, and the older, responsible adult gets up to scold Hinata and Kageyama.

  "Hello, Nishinoya."

  "I told ya to call me Noya!" He says, grinning up at you, you wrap your arms around your torso, trying to avoid contact with the dude as he tries to wrap an arm around you.

  "I'm good, thanks."

  "Awh, come on—"

  Suddenly, his face is covered by a hand, and he's shoved away, groaning and complaining.

  You blink, looking up to see Tsukishima glaring at Nishinoya, and you start to feel bad for the guy—just by the look Nishinoya was getting, you feared he'd burst into flame and the floor would crack open, sucking him down into the Underworld.

  "Learn to read people, asshole. She clearly doesn't want you to touch her." Tsukishima's voice was so deep, so grated and gutteral, you near fell to your knee and asked for his hand in marriage.

  But, thankfully, you're saved from embarrassment when Ukai shouts for the two of them to go to seperate ends of the court, and Nishinoya is quickly to leave, heading for where Tanaka and Kyokio were walking back into the gym.

  "Um, thanks." You choke out, Tsukishima pauses, turning to nod at you before heading for where Yams was grinning at him.

  Hm, what wa—

  "What the heck was that?" You jump, Yachi appearing out of nowhere but grinning like the Cheshire cat. "Did he just save you?!"

  You nod, still in a daze, and she laughs, pulling you over to where her next job was while you gather your bearings, focusing to get free food.

  After practice, you all walk to the corner store, and you slip back from Yachi to casually walk beside Yams and Tsukishima at the back of the group.

  Their conversation continues, and you respectfully dissocate, only remembering to  put one foot in front of the other while you stare up at the dark sky.

  I wonder if someone actually cares about our puny planet? Wouldn't a high and smarter life force just brush us aside considering how dumb we are? As a species, we aren't—

  Your sleeve gets jerked, and you slam back into the present while also falling into a hard chest.

  The familiar smell of rubber and cinnamon rubs up against you, and you blink multiple times before looking up at Tsukishima as he frowns down at you.

  "Why weren't you watching where you're walking?" He asks, you look around, noting the fact that everyone except Yams had kept walking and you three were now alone in the middle of the road.

  What was I going to run into..?

  You frown, looking around again and seeing nothing but potholes and street lights.

  He gives you a nudge, and you straighten, getting off of him and nodding. "Uh, thanks..."

  And just like that, your stomach explodes in butterflies, your brain catching up as you register what happened and how he was holding you around the waist for so long...

  "Are you okay?" Yams asks, his smile evident as he watches you hold up a finger, squatting and holding your knees as you catch your breath.

  Tsukishima makes a confused noise, and Yams chuckles, you puff out your cheeks, standing up and look up at the taller men.

  "(Y/n)!" You jump, turnungannd squinting down the street to see Yachi waving and jumping excitedly.

  You glance at the guys for a second, your fingers grazing Tsukishima's hand and sending sparks through you, before picking up your face and running towards your best friend, cheek hot in embarassment.

——
1034 words
(A/n requested by LynxDoesntSimp, hopefully this is what you mean!?)