|| Kenma K. ||

|| Special ||
.
.
.
.
(Read || 42-Kenma K. || first)

  You'd be lying if you said you weren't curious.

  The last few days have been crazy, for sure, but the one thing that keeps playing back to you is that you could have met your soulmate.

  You could have met your soulmate.

  But you didn't, and now you're sitting at the same café, emailing multiple people in hopes that you'll get an apprenticeship with a company that'll help start your designer career.

  You've wanted to do two things in this world: become the owner of a clothing line, and be a successful writer.

  But your family never supported your writing dreams, so instead you fell back on your designer strings; your grandma wanted to be a clothes designer, but she didn't have the money or qualifications to do it, so now here you are living her dream for her.

  You were snapped from your trance when the back of your ear began to burn, like an ache burn that gave you a small headache.

  Butterflies fill your stomach despite it as you bite your lower lip and pretend to be all casual like, looking up when the bell above the door to the café jingles.

  What you didn't expect, was to see the guy you bumped into the other day, and a taller guy with jet black hair and sunglasses on.

  What. Why are they so attractive? Who are they?

  Your soul mark burns when you meet eyes with the dyed blonde guy, and he stares at you, his mouth forming an "O" as he touches his chest, wincing at the burn you both feel.

  He went to take a step towards you, but the guy with black hair grips his hoodie sleeve and hauls him towards the counter, his sunglasses now tucked into his suit pocket.

  Woah, why is he in a suit but that guy is in literal sweats? And why does he make sweats look so good??

  When he looks away, you press your own finger behind your ear, and the pain of it makes you hiss. A few people look over at you, and you flush, quickly packing your things away and running for the toilet, more worried about embarrassment then the guy watching you from the corner of your eye.

  While sitting in the toilet, you feel your phone vibrate, and you frown at the screen when Kenma's contact appears.

  He sent...a photo?

  You click on the notification, your confusion intensifying when a picture of a blurry someone running past him loads.

__
Kennnmaa
(4:46pm)

(Attachment: 1 image)

Oh wow
Your photography skills
are on point sir

Shush
But that is my soulmate

Your soulmate is a blur?

No! When she gets out
of the bathroom I'll get
a better picture
Seen

__

  What?

  You click back on the picture, and you finally realise that it was of you, blurry as hell, but still you, running past him in the café towards the bathroom.

  Shit. Shit shit shit. Kenma can't be my...he isn't my...is he?

  With shaky hands, you pocket your phone, and gather your stuff to exit the bathroom, taking huge breaths to calm your nerves as your ear burns hotter the closer you get, until you're face to face with this guy, who is staring at you with wide golden eyes, a take-away mug in his hands and his friend glancing between the two of you.

  You take in a breath, your knuckles white as you realise this could either make or break your future.

  "Are you Kenma?"

  His cup dropped to the floor, hot, black coffee spilling over your shoes and you gasp, stepping back until your bump into his friend. He holds your shoulder to stabilize you as people around gasp and shout, workers rushing forwards with mops.

  This was a horrible idea, I shouldn't have done this, I need to leave.

  Practically strangling the strap on your bag, you shrug off the guy in the suit and make a mad run for the door.

  You didn't realise you were crying until you got a few blocks away and stopped, unable to see through the salty drops.

  Your phone rings, and you look at the name, hesitating before answering the call.

  I could have been wrong?

  "Hel—?"

  "It's you."

  Well, I guess not.

  "I...I don't know what you're—"

  "Where did you go? I need to see you again, please?" His deep voice has your heart racing, and you look back the way you came to see no one.

  "I...I went home?"

  "That doesn't sound so convincing. Please, (Y/n), I'll come alone, I swear."

  You sigh, sinking down into a crouch and shaking your head. "I'm a few blocks from the café."

  The line beeps, and you let out an awkward chuckle, burying your face in your hands as you sigh and wait.

  The burning behind your ear told you he was close, and when the pain becomes unbearable, you look up to see the attractive sweats guy standing there, breathing heavily as if he had run, and strands of his hair were sticking to his face.

  "It's...you."

  You purse your lips, nodding, and he sinks down, carefully holding your face in his hands. Almost immediately, the burning cools down, and you lean into the touch.

  "I have the biggest crush of you, and I have since highschool."

  It was about then that you remembered that this man sitting in front of you was the guy you have spoken to, the guy you have said your deepest secrets too.

  Your face flushes with embarrassment, and you close your eyes, smiling.

  "I guess it's just a bonus that you're my soulmate...can I kiss you?"

  Your eyes snap open and you take a breath, before nodding slowly, and he leans forwards, pressing his lips to yours, one of his hands slides from your cheek to your waist where he pulls you up to be flush against him.

  Goosebumps litter your skin, and you press your hands to his chest.

  He pulls back, his pupils wide, and he glances down to his chest where your hand sits. "Do you wanna see it?"

  "See what?" You ask, nearly gasping for breath.

  He doesn't answer, and instead pulls his hoodie down until you could see the mark on his chest: a book wrapped in a measuring tape.

  Your two goals.

  "Wanna see yours?" You ask, twisting around to show him his mark behind your ear.

  Hot and cold flushes rush your nervous system when his fingers graze the mark, his breath calm as he leans forwards enough to press his lips to your cheek.

  "Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispers.

  "Yes." You grin, pushing him back enough to press a kiss to his mouth, him smiling into the kiss.

——
1139 words
(A/n requested by LynxDoesntSimp, hope you like it, sorry it's late!)