|| 15-Aone T. ||

|| Thoughts ||
.
.
.
.
(Soulmate AU: where in you and your soulmate share thoughts)
.
(Bold italics is your soulmate
Normal italics is you)

  Hey, do you know what 9×7+53 equals? I'm in the middle of a pop quiz and I'm stumped.

  You tap your pen on your desk, waiting for your soulmate to reply and save your ass.

  The teacher walks the isles of desks, watching over a few shoulders and humming in either displeasure or surprise.

  116.

  Your soulmate's stoic and deep voice rattles your brain, and you hide your smile as you write the answer, reading the next question.

  Thank you...so what are you doing right now?

  You bring your own to your lips, using your fingers to count for the next question–the teacher passes you, not making a noise but instead patting your shoulder.

  I'm on a bus.

  Ooh, where are you going??

  Do you not have a test?

  Yes, I do, but can I not talk to you as well?

  Not if you are at school, where you should be learning.

  I'm beginning to question whether you are a kid like me or a teacher...

  My age is 17, as you already know.

  You don't reply back, flipping the paper over and starting on that side. A few minutes pass, before his voice rattles your mind once again.

  I am on my way to a match.

  Oh yeah! You told me about the game you had, sorry I forgot!

  Do not apologise, I didn't expect you to remember.

  You smile, hiding that smile behind your hand as you rest your chin on your palm.

  So who are you versing?

  There's another minute of silence, the minute dragging on for so long that when he speaks again you jump, hiding in the collar of your shirt as the person beside you turns and frowns at you.

  Nekoma High.

  Your heart stills, jaw falling as you glance down at your uniform. That was why he probably took so long to answer, because he knows you go to Nekoma.

  Is that so?

  You play off your shock, readjusting your posture and scribbling on the corner of your paperwork, if only to give the appearance of actually doing your work.

  Yes.

  Your leg shakes, nerves tickling your spine.

  What time do you get here?

  After school finishes.

  Oh. You fiddle with your pen, contemplating your next few words. Luckily, you were saved the effort when he speaks again.

  Do you wish to finally meet? Your silence is concerning.

  Um...do you?

  His silence drags on forever, and your stomach sinks lower with each passing minute.

  Soon enough, the test was over, and you walk to the library to eat lunch–his silence still in the back of your mind.

  You were reading a copy of ACOTAR when he answers, his voice deep, monotone, and a little scary if you were being honest.

  I do, but it is your reaction to me that I dread.

  Pfft, I wouldn't care if you were a hundred years old–presuming you have money, of course.

  His dry chuckle rattles your brain, and you grin into the pages of the book–a passing student pausing to say something before thinking twice and walking away.

  So, what now?

  Is there a chance you could meet me at the gym? Around five this afternoon?

  Your heart sped up, your cheeks warming as you come to the realisation that you're finally meeting your soulmate–your one and only.

  Absolutely, I'll be there.

  That afternoon, you sit outside the school gymnasium, the black haired Inuoka sitting with you so you don't get told to leave by the coaches.

  "I'm so nervous...holy crap, my hands are so sweaty." You murmur, Inuoka purses his thin lips, patting your shoulders for some kind of support.

  You smile at him, jumping when the sound of many heavy footsteps echo across the gravel–the both of you rushing to your feet and the others inside the gym all run to the doors to watch as the opposing team rounds the corner.

  Holy crap they're so tall!

  Your face flushes when you remember that he can hear you, and quickly jump down the stairs to stand out of the way as they walk into the gym–not one of them batting an eyelash your way.

  Are you even here?

  No, I'm helping the managers right now, come out to the parking lot if you wish.

  Your stomach flipped, but you pat Inuoka's shoulder and began your walk to the guest parking near the front gates.

  You spot the bus first, then the girl struggling to carry a bag of volleyballs, and as you quicken your pace to offer her a hand, you finally catch sight of the tall wall behind her, bending to take the bag from her.

  Oh, wow.

  He snaps up straight, eyes wide as he finally focuses on who was standing meer feet in front of him.

  The girl pauses, frowning across at you, then up at the muscled, blonde wall–a knowing smile stretching her lips and she giggles and strides out from between the two of you.

  Your jaw falls slack, unable to take your eyes off of him. And it seems he was in the same boat, wide eyed as he watches you.

  Finally, he speaks, and not in your mind–he actually speaks.

  "Hello, I am Aone."

  He–you–it–

  Your mind stutters, and you don't know whether to run or cry or cheer or dance–mixed emotions filling you until he holds out his hand and you have nothing else to do but take it in your own.

  The size difference was enough to make you grin, relaxing as the first contact with your soulmate sends waves of prickly calm through you. "I'm (L/n), it's nice to finally meet you."

——
967 words