Part 1: devil hunter for fun and for money

On an ordinary (and not very unusual) morning in 1997. Denji, a 16-year-old boy, is leaving the old apartment his parents left behind to go to work.

Following in his footsteps was a small dog with a saw protruding from its head and its name was pochita, walking a short distance pochita suddenly barked loudly warning of danger.

Denji: The devil needs to be defeated, pochita quickly hide in a corner so I can deal with it.

After saying that, Denji went straight to the demon with a nonchalant face and bare hands

___________________

Denji has defeated the demon and is standing on its corpse

Denji: this one is a tomato demon, it will come back to life from the root so let's burn it

Owner: good job, its corpse in the market will sell for a good price, the remuneration is 40,000.

Denji: great!

Landlord: minus the brokerage fee and other things, it's 17,000 VND

Denji (screams): hey, you pay so low, motherfucker, it's getting lower and lower now!

Owner: sorry, this year has been difficult with all that.

Denji takes the money and leaves with pochita.

Denji: I also have to pay for electricity and water, at this rate, it'll just make my mouth shut. Pochita, you go back first so I can buy food.

pochita: woof!

On the other side, the owner and his driver were watching the denji.

Driver: why hire that bald brat as a demon hunter?

Owner: This kid is pretty strong, but he's pretty stupid so I can pay for it

Driver: he raised a demon, can he take on the job of a demon hunter?

Landlord: he's a quick guy...; we yakuza only move bodies

Owner: Besides, this guy's weakness is quite hostile.

Denji: Hey, why are you guys following me?

Driver: we are not following you

Denji: is that so?

Denji: "Never mind, let's go buy some food"

_____________________________________________

seller: egg box 300 yen

Denji: 200 yen, don't go to another store

seller: latch

_____________________________________________

Denji page on the way home

Denji: "it's also been 3 years since I started practicing, I practiced so hard that I lost all my hair, to the point that I thought I was dead and my mind was going crazy and finally I have mastered the power within me. I have become the demon hunter I wanted to be."

Denji: "but since I became a demon hunter, their numbers have not shown any sign of decreasing but nothing to be sad about".

Denji: "but recently there's something bothering me".

There was a cat on the side of the road, he crouched down to pet it, but the cat ran away.

Denji: "Every day that passes, my feelings fade away".

Denji: "fear, stress, anger...I can't feel anything anymore".

Denji: "Is it possible that in exchange for strength, I have lost a very important part of a human?".