chapter 4: power

"":conversation

(...): mental monologue

--------------------

In a nice day. Aki, denji and pochita were having breakfast when suddenly the phone rang.

Police: "a demon appeared in the eastern residential area of nerima district, now we have immediately evacuated the people and dispersed the house"

Denji,aki and pochita go to the location where the evil appeared.

Police 1: "The target is locked in the room on the 2nd floor, we are counting on you"

Policeman 2: "standing next to hayakawa is a rookie?"

The three began to enter the house.

Denji: Are the demons taking over the bodies of the right people? What shape do they have?

Aki: "You will understand immediately if you see it with your own eyes"

Aki kicked the door in, inside the room was a man with a deformed head, he was devouring a bird.

Aki: "The demon has the characteristics of a demon, this time you kill it. Show me the power of that demon (pointing at pochita). From there I will see how useful you are."

Demon: "DON'T LOOK AT ME! KILL! KILL! I'LL KILL YOU YOU BASTARD DEMON HUNTERS!!!"

Denji said nothing, walked straight towards the demon with an expressionless face and destroyed it with just one punch.

Aki: "why don't you use demon power?"

Denji: "If I use pochita to kill its own kind, it's no different than forcing someone else to kill everyone"

Aki pressed denji's head against the glass door.

Aki: "listen here you bastard, don't forget that demons are still demons and demon hunters are not supposed to sympathize with a demon. I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES MY FAMILY MASSACRED BY A DEMON. Before, I drank a few drinks with the policemen down there and they all do a job where their lives are always at risk just to protect their wives and children. Everyone here is very serious except you - that guy. Hunting demons is just for fun, when I kill demons I want them to suffer as much as possible and you want to be nice to demons?"

Pochita kept barking at aki because he was attacking its owner but he didn't care.

Denji: "If I could make friends with a demon, it would be good because I'm already lonely."

Aki looked at Denji and then released him.

Aki: "I will remember that"

Aki left the room to return to denji and pochita inside. Denji knelt down, caressing pochita.

Denji: "I understand, I understand that very well"

_____________________________________

All three people denji, pochita,aki are in makima's office.

makima: "denji, you're about to be paired up with a new partner"

Denji (picking his nose): partner?

Makima: "To ensure safety, we always operate in groups of two on small-scale missions, patrols and the like. Looks like she just arrived too, be careful... She's a demon"

Pochita growled at the appearance of power

Denji (emotionless face): "She's a demon, right? Why are demons allowed to hunt demons?"

Makima: "The rational power is higher than other demons, so they are used as demon hunters"

Denji: "Is that so, (never mind), I'm denji, nice to meet you"

-end of chapter-