Chapter 27: dating at school

"conversation"

(Interior monologue)

Reze: "aren't you scared denji?"

Denji: "Not really, I just feel a bit strange."

Reze: "What is it? I'm also a little scared, can I hold your hand?"

Denji and Reze walked down the empty hallway of a high school at night, well past the school's operating hours. The only thing that illuminated the hallway was the bright moon and twinkling stars shining through the darkness

Reze leads Denji to an empty classroom, where Denji sits in the front row while Reze stands at the podium. She picked up the chalk and wrote the math equation 1+1 on the board

Reze: "What is the answer to this calculation?"

Denji: "it's 2"

Reze: "exactly! What about this?"

Reze wrote "big ass" on the board and pointed to it.

Denji: "big ass. Hey little girl, why are you so naughty?

"Sigh, so this is interesting..." Denji sighed and muttered.

Reze: "Denji"

Denji: "What's wrong? "

Reze: "you... worked as a demon hunter before joining the security department, right?"

Denji: "How do you know?"

Reze: "well...I guess, that's true?"

Denji: "yeah, it's true"

Reze: "well...that's a bit bad"

Denji: "What do you mean?"

Reze: "At 16 years old, I'm still just a kid. While others are burying themselves in studying to get into university, or immersing themselves in clubs and friends... But you kill demons and almost die many times, I wonder this. is it good?"

Hearing Reze's words, Denji lowered his head in deep thought. The moonlight shone on his bald head, his face suddenly looked a bit serious. The bald boy suddenly raised his finger to pick his nose, then dropped his hand and raised his head to look straight at Reze.

Denji: "For me... being a demon hunter is just a hobby and a convenient way to earn a living, but... I have a reason to join the Bureau."

"What reason?" Reze smiled gently and sat on the chair opposite the bald boy. She put her hand on her cheek and tilted her head in wonder.

"I joined the Security Department because...I have too much free time" Denji said calmly, causing Reze to suddenly slip and hit his face on the table. She was surprised because she thought Denji would say some cool reason, but she didn't expect Denji to join the Security Department just for the reason of free time. Maybe the guy in front of her had some problem with his mind. This answer overloaded her head.

"you're making me speechless" Reze said as she raised her head and rubbed her sore forehead. "Thanks to you, my brain is overloaded."

Denji: "sorry"

Reze: "well... let's go cool your head, shall we?"

They left the classroom and headed to the school's swimming pool area. The moon's light shining on the water's surface rippled a bit. Reze approached and placed his finger in the pool to feel the temperature.

"haha, that's so cold" she exclaimed and looked towards Denji. "Do you know how to swim?"

"Well...a little bit" Denji said, scratching his head with his finger as he gave a forced smile.