chapter 9: infinite evil part 2

____________

"From what we see, it seems like the demon's ability, no matter what it does, still stops at the 8th floor" Aki said to everyone in the room.

"It must have been the power that killed that demon, right? I heard that the effects of some demons' power still exist even when they die" denji said while lying on the bed

"You told me to kill it!" power shouted at denji

"I didn't tell you to do that" he replied nonchalantly.

Aki:"It's still possible but it's still very rare"

"aki, is there any movement from the shrapnel?" himeno turned to ask aki

Aki:"it doesn't work"

"This demon lured us into its trap. We've never seen one as cunning as this one. I hope the other demon hunters who come here won't fall into the same trap as us," she said as she started smoking.

"So we're going to stay here forever... we're going to starve to death..." Kobeni was sitting on the bed, she was constantly sweating.

"don't give up kobeni! didn't you join the security department to help your brother go to college?" arai tries to cheer her up.

"my parents forced me... they forced me to find a job to pay for his tuition... either as a demon hunter or as a prostitute!!!" kobeni started crying "i also want to go to college!!! but must I die here!?"

"GAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT THAT FACE! GAHAHAHA!" kobeni's power to laugh out loud at fear.

Arai: "STOP LAUGHING!"

"kobeni...fear is the devil's favorite food. If you're afraid, it's like giving your life to them" Himeno comforted and patted kobeni's head.

"But I'm scared!!" kobeni said as he wiped away his tears.

"All the clocks on this floor stopped at 8:18, it's possible that the demon stopped time on the 18th floor again so no one will come to save us" aki said as he himself was a bit worried. listen listen.

"Great! So I don't have to do homework anymore" denji said and made everyone in the room look at denji with confusion on their faces.

Arai: "Don't you understand the situation now? We can wonder here forever!"

"But maybe not, I'm going to sleep now, wake me up if there's anything" Denji hugged Pochita in his arms and fell asleep.

Aki: "it's already sleeping"

___________________

"denji, it's time to wake up" himeno poked denji's cheek

"Found the demon?" denji asked, yawning and stretching as he sat up.

"unfortunately not yet" himeno commented.

Himeno:"but there's still good news"

"While you were sleeping, we discovered that the electricity and water were still working. There was still some food left behind by guests when they evacuated" himeno explained.

"Aki is now looking for the demon, arai is locking herself in her room, kobeni tried to drink water from the toilet so I knocked her out" himeno chuckled at that. "And Power..." Himeno slowly turned towards Power who was now lying on the bed.

"I have nothing to do but think of a way to win the Nobel Prize! Then I will use that idea as a stepping stone to become president and then I will increase taxes to 100%!" power said as if extremely proud of his plan.