chapter 7: interrogation and new housemates

"...":conversation

(...):interior monologue

Denji and pochita are now being held in the interrogation room. They were arrested for testimony.

"Blindfolded lady, can I have a cup of tea?" he looked into the two-way mirror.

"Can he see through two-way mirrors?" The woman was surprised by this but quickly ignored it.

Aki walked into the room, holding a stack of papers in his hand and gave denji a cup of tea and he sat across from denji.

"Thank you" he took the cup of tea and started drinking

Aki: "Now I will have some questions for you, please cooperate and answer honestly"

Denji: "ok"

Aki: "why did you two leave the patrol area?"

Denji: "I just joined so I don't know anything. Who would have thought that the patrol area would be limited and because Power wanted to save his cat"

Aki:"You're the one who killed the bat demon, right?"

Denji: "right"

Aki: "how did you kill it?"

Denji: "I'll just punch it"

"punch? answer the question seriously!" Aki slammed his hand on the table, he was quite annoyed with Denji's indifferent attitude.

Denji: "I'm telling the truth"

Aki looked back at the photo in the stack of papers, the corpse of the bat demon showed signs of an attack stronger than a normal punch.

Aki: "Let's say you're telling the truth, then did the blood demon attack you?"

"No" He answered with a calm face.

Aki: "don't cover up"

Denji: "it's not real"

Pochita nodded as if confirming her master's words.

Aki: "Okay then"

Aki stood up and unbuckled denji and pochita's handcuffs. He went out and went to power's place who was now handcuffed and watched by himeno.

Power: "What? So am I guilty? If you understand, then take these damn things away from me"

Himeno: "Are you okay boss? If one day this demon lady kills someone, you will be punished for this"

Aki walked over and unlocked power's handcuffs.

"We are demon hunters. We will use anything to accomplish it, whether it is a demon or a demon. But an enemy is still an enemy...you are nothing more than a tool." "I have no intention of making any friends here" he looked at Power with contemptuous eyes.

_________________________________

Power:"wooowww! What kind of house is it that's as small as a nostril!"

"Why are you here?" Both were surprised about power appearing at their house. Then the phone rang.

"Let Power stay at your place too" makima said through the phone

"Why are you gathering weirdos at my place?" Aki asked, he was currently confused about what makima was doing.

"because I trust you more than anyone else" makima whispered.

"Is that so...ok..." Aki swallowed, her face turned red and uncomfortable at her words, but then Denji snatched the phone from Aki's hand.

Aki: "hey!"