chapter 22: apostle of loneliness

"": conversation

(): interior monologue

Facing the devil, aki raised his sword and took a stance ready to fight. The demon launched its attack and dozens of its arms rushed to attack aki but he was able to dodge the arms and slash them to pieces. In his right eye, images of the next attacks in the next few seconds continuously appeared, this helped Aki to avoid the demon's attacks.

The demon continued to attack, aki jumped onto one of its arms, running on it in an attempt to close in and finish off the demon. The demon continued to increase the number of arms, launching a series of punches that made him unable to dodge but had to receive the blow. His hand let go of the sword and the demon immediately strangled him and lifted him up high, bringing him to the ground. he came closer to its face.

Sawatari: "strangle him to death"

The demon obeyed the command, tightening his grip on Aki's neck. He couldn't breathe, cold sweat ran down his face, his eyes slowly closed. In Aki's mind, a series of memories were running before his eyes, memories with himeno, with his family and... even memories of the time his family was killed by gun demons.

Aki opened his eyes wide, the will to live burned within him, took out the grenade he had hidden in his body, pulled out the pin and stuffed it straight into the devil's sewn mouth. The grenade exploded, destroying the demon's lower jaw and causing aki to fly away and fall to the ground from the shock of the explosion.

He had difficulty standing up, his face had a few more wounds from grenade fragments, but they were not too deep. Aki took the sword and approached the demon, who was completely collapsed and motionless. He stood on the demon's head and lowered his sword to cut off its head.

Sawatari began to panic, she raised her hand to summon a snake demon.

Aki: "don't kill her"

He said to kobeni - who was standing behind sawatari and put the knife to her neck, sawatari stood still, did not move or had her throat cut.

Aki: "I thought you left the bureau with arai?"

Kobeni: "... I heard there will be a salary bonus soon"

_______

Denji, power stood in the elevator as it went up the floors, power pried off a severed zombie arm clinging to her arm, brought it to his mouth and took a bite.

Denji: "wow, that's terrible"

Power: "Huh?! What are you saying, bald guy?! Beef, human meat or your meat are all the same!"

Denji: "It's not the same at all! We have to capture that katana alive so don't eat him"

The elevator stopped on the 7th floor. The door slowly opened to reveal all the zombies. The zombies kept moving slowly but had not yet discovered the two.

Denji: "power, quiet, don't let it out..."

Power: "I AM POWER!!!"

Denji: "WHAT..!"

Power: "Don't worry, these guys are just shrimp's age!"

Power immediately jumped out of the elevator, slit his wrists in mid-air and created two daggers made of blood.

Power: "DENJI!! LET'S FIGHT TOGETHER!!"

But Denji didn't say anything and closed the elevator door and went up to the next floor. Power roared, charging at the zombies and stabbing and slashing through them.

Power: "I WILL NOT RUN, I AM NOBLE... AND BEAUTIFUL!! DENJI, TELL THE WHOLE WORLD: POWER IS THE STRONGEST!!!"

She jumped into the air, aimed at a tall zombie and beheaded it. She laughed maniacally as she tore through the zombies, bathing in blood and viscera.