Chapter 24: Are you scared?

"": conversation

(): interior monologue

After defeating the shadow demon, denji immediately returned to the apartment. Aki, power, pochita were still sleeping soundly. He looked at where power was and saw something quite... strange.

"wtf" denji exclaimed. Power wakes up, her horns have now tripled in size and two more horns have grown from either side of her head.

 Power wakes up, her horns have now tripled in size and two more horns have grown from either side of her head

Denji: "Hey Power, it seems like you...grew extra horns, right?"

Power: "Are you still awake, bald guy!?"

Power unleashed a jaw hook that sent denji flying, his head piercing the ceiling and dangling. Her eyes widened in surprise at how strong her gentle punch was.

Power: "What power is this?!"

At this time, a family in an apartment above aki's apartment stood frozen in place, staring at the floor - where the head of a bald young man pierced through.

The bald boy turned towards the family and looked at them with a stupid face.

Denji: "good morning"

________

Makima: "hm... these horns... are because Power drank too much blood"

Makima observed and touched the horn while power was trembling. Pochita (in dog form) and denji stood facing them, denji wiggled his nose to show he didn't care and pochita clung to his shoulder, still yawning and not fully awake.

Makima: "It's probably because of the battle with the zombies, maybe it's time to drain some blood"

Denji: "Why do you have to do that?"

Makima: "If you don't do that, Power will become stronger, more arrogant, more scary"

Power grabbed denji's sleeve and looked at him with pleading eyes. There was fear in her eyes, she looked like she was afraid of having her blood drawn. Denji looked back at Power, perhaps he knew why she was afraid of this.

Denji:(ah... turns out he's afraid of needles)

The bald boy sighed, bending down so that his face was parallel to Power's face, his face a little close to her face. Power saw Denji's action, her face turned as red as a tomato without saying a word. Pochita who was observing also looked interested.

"this power" denji said with a serious face.

" d-d-yes?" power replied with a stuttering and embarrassed voice, denji slowly brought his lips closer to power's ear, his gentle breath blowing into power's ear made her gradually lose her composure.

Denji whispered a gentle word into Power's ear: "Are you scared?"

Power: "huh?"

Power was stunned on the spot, the red marks of embarrassment immediately disappeared and were replaced by bulging blood vessels clearly showing anger. Who does that bald guy think he is? What does that bald guy think he is, that he dares to think she's afraid? Scared? Are not! She is not afraid!