Chapter 5: annoying things

Power, denji and pochita are holding on to denji's shoulders who are patrolling the roof because power's horns will scare the people. Power started wandering around looking for demons and killing them. After a while the power came to denji and tried to hit his head but denji easily dodged it.

Power: "you're quite good, bald head! now give me something to kill!"

Denji ignored the power and continued walking, wondering what he had done to deserve to be paired with this one. As for power, she felt a chill, it was pochita clinging to denji's shoulder who was glaring at her with an annoyed expression. Pochita didn't like power because she bothered its owner.

After a while of patrolling, the three stopped on the rooftop of a certain building.

"That's strange, why aren't there any demons around?" he said as he caressed pochita.

"IT'S SURE IT'S DAMN ME! Before I became a demon, I was a demon that everyone was afraid of. The demons just needed to smell my scent and they'd run away," she said in a low voice. Superior.

"Eh, then we don't really have anything to do, which is good, just when I'm lazy" he said while picking his nose, sometimes denji is quite lazy.

Power suddenly stood up, she smelled a devil, she ran as fast as she could towards her child but before jumping off the building, Denji grabbed her coat.

Denji: "Hey, what are you crazy about?"

Power: "let me go"

Denji: "no"

Power struggles and escapes from the other shirt and jumps off the railing and creates a large hammer made of blood. Using the hammer, the power caused the demon to become a mass of slime. She stood over the demon's body, raised her face to the sky and screamed loudly

Power:"GAHAHAHAHA!! WHAT DO YOU SEE!! SHUT UP YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT MY VICTORY!!!"

Denji, pochita was standing on top of the building looking down.

Denji: "abandoned me".

______________________________

"Killing the demon that the private demon hunter is accepting is breaking the rules of the job. Normally you two would have been captured. Power, you have to think before you act. Denji, you have to know how to restrain her then better not" makima said as she sat on the bench and put her hand on her chin

"I did it but who would have thought this girl would be so aggressive" Pochita nodded like a corpse but denji's words were true.

Makima: "so that's it, maybe Power isn't qualified to be a demon hunter"

"NO WAY! Today, this guy is the one who told me to kill him!"" She pulled Denji's sleeve and pointed at him.

Denji: "HEY! Don't slander, do you know that slandering will result in going to jail?!"

Pochita started barking towards power

Power: "That's not true! Demons never lie. This guy is the one who told me to kill him!"

"Can you two calm down?" Makima looked at them and said in a threatening voice.

"Y-yes" power replied hesitantly, it seemed like she was quite scared of makima.

Denji: "haha you devil, how dare you tease your father"

Makima: "I told you to be quiet"

Denji: "but..!"

Makima: "If you continue to resist, I will deduct your salary"

Denji: "well, okay"

Makima: "Actually, I don't care who started this. I just want to see your achievements, can you do it?"

Power: "okay! I...I'll show you"

Denji and pochita were looking at power with suspicious eyes.

___________________________________

Now the trio are at the vending machine, the bald guy is sitting sipping a bottle of oolong tea and caressing pochita, and power is observing the vending machines and trying to understand how they work.

(Because of this idiot, I almost had my salary deducted) Denji thought to himself. While thinking, Power spoke up. "Compared to a human, you're quite fast!"

Denji: "Is that so?"

Power found a cat and began to pet it: "I can only get along with cats. I hate people not because of what they do to me, but because the devil's instincts tell me. I hate people too." demons because they kidnapped my nyako!"

Denji and Pochita looked at Power with the thought: (Who asked and this one answered like that?) but he still continued to listen to Power's story.

Power: "before I could take nyako back, makima captured me. I may be killed, but I still won't give up. If I get nyako back from the demons, I will do anything including allying with humans! someone like you will never be able to understand the feelings I have for them."

Denji: "Okay, why didn't you report it to your superiors instead of telling me?"

Power: "I told you but no one believed me"

Denji: "Okay then, let's go kill that demon and earn some merit"

-end of chapter-