chapter 10: oops

_______________________

"...":conversation

(...): inner poison

After Denji destroyed the demon, everyone escaped the building. Even though they spent 4 hours inside the demon, outside, time still didn't pass much.

"So this is a gun demon's bullet fragment? It looks so small" Denji held the bullet and looked at it while his body was covered in blood. "This demon is weak" Denji thought to himself.

"h...hey..denji" arai called denji. "obviously you could have killed that demon in the first place right?"

"yes, so what?" denji replied nonchalantly.

"IF SO, WHY DON'T YOU KILL IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?" arai loudly asked denji and at the same time blamed him and blamed him for not killing that demon sooner. "IF YOU KILLED IT EARLIER THEN WE WOULD HAVE..."

"and then?" Denji scratched Arai's ear and blocked Arai's throat. Now he was extremely uncomfortable with the scarred guy in front of him. "Just when I was about to kill him, you guys were about to kill me and pochita first. You're lucky I didn't kill you."

Arai"but..."

Denji: "No worries, I don't need any more kisses like that, take it.

Denji threw shrapnel to himeno: "You guys go report, me and pochita are going home"

Denji and pochita went out of sight, himeno couldn't say anything because she was at fault with both of them.

"Well then... let's go report, shall we?" himeno said to aki.

"yes" aki replied.

______________________

"looks like kobeni and arai are going to quit" himeno said as he stood in front of a dead body of a demon.

"really? it seems like they weren't chosen to become demon hunters in the first place" aki said while searching for something in the corpse.

"not only are they afraid of demons, maybe they also feel guilty for trying to kill denji and pochita" himeno said while holding a cigarette in his hand. "if we throw a party then maybe they will apologize".

"I just want to drink alcohol" aki said when he found something in the corpse, it was another bullet fragment from the gun demon.

"this is a bit small but it's still a piece. maybe we should invite makima too" aki said wondering if makima would accept the invitation.

"eh, why do we need to invite her?" himeno asked.

"next week she's going to kyoto to ask for support, so if she can do it, she can do it this week too" aki said as she slowly lit a cigarette from himeno's lighter.

"denji and pochita... what the hell are they really? the demon seemed to know something about pochita and denji kid too...the demon at that time seemed extremely scared of him, that kid after all What kind of thing is that? What kind of demon does his power come from? What's even more strange is that makima is worried about them." himeno said as he finished his cigarette.

"I don't know, but maybe we better not ask any more questions" Aki said, not the least bit worried.

{change scene}

Denji was currently on his way home from school, his gait looked extremely tired simply because he failed the test (15 minutes), he kept asking himself. It's obvious that you've studied a lot but there's no way you got 20 points.

Denji wandered down the street and heard screams coming from an alley. He looked into the alley and gave a cunning smile.

"heheheh, the sandbag is here!" denji said as he skipped into the alley. Upon arriving, denji saw a group of thugs assaulting a girl who appeared to be only 17 years old. She tried to run but was pulled back by two thugs.

"help me" she recognized denji and called out. The group of thugs noticed denji and one of them pointed to him and said "get out now or we will make you look bad!"

denji sighed and said "let that girl go"

"Oh, you like being a hero? So I'll let you be a hero!" The thug raised his stick and tried to attack denji but he was sent flying into the wall with just one punch. The other guys saw that and tried to run away but were also dealt with quickly.

"Are you okay?" denji reached out and pulled the girl up.

"I-I'm fine, thank you for helping me" the girl said as she wobbled to her feet.

"Luckily I passed by here. Okay, I'm leaving" denji said as he started to leave but he stopped when he felt his shirt being pulled back. When he turned around he saw that the girl was pulling him.

"May I know your name?" the girl asked awkwardly.

"i'm denji, a demon hunter for fun" denji replied.

"Thank you denji, one day I will repay you" she said with a slight blush on her cheeks. Denji saw that and thought she had a fever or something.

"No need, I'm leaving" denji left without looking back.

The girl returned to the fainted thugs, squatted down and said, "You should thank him, otherwise you will be disabled for life." After saying that, she walked out of the alley again.

(guess who that girl is)