chapter 33: the end of the battle

Sorry for the delay

"conversation"

(interior monologue)

Galgali: "why did you come now?!"

Denji: "I got lost"

"What the hell..." Reze slowly stood up from the rubble and held her head in pain. Before she could notice, someone attacked her. Reze looked up and saw the giant head of the storm demon lying on the ground, right next to it was Denji standing facing Aki and Galgali. Denji suddenly turned his gaze towards Reze, making her startled and startled. scared her. Denji walked towards Reze, neither quickly nor slowly. Galgali was planning to stop Denji but was stopped by Aki.

Denji: "Reze, we need to talk"

Reze: "Is there something you need to say?"

Denji: "all this rubble...was created by you?"

Reze: "that's right, so what?"

Denji: "why did you have to do that? why did you betray me?"

Hearing Denji's question, Reze suddenly laughed loudly, hugged his stomach and covered his mouth as if mocking Denji and what he was saying.

Reze: " HAHAHAHA!!! what the hell?! Denji, what are you misunderstanding?! I never loved you! never... I approached you because of the devil and not because "Denji...I never loved you"

Hearing Reze's cold words, Denji still appeared indifferent and unconcerned. He stared at Reze and then slightly lifted his left leg, approached Reze at a speed invisible to the naked eye and hugged her tightly in his arms. Reze was startled by Denji's hug. She tried to struggle, using every means to escape the hug but could not.

Reze: "LET ME OUT!!! PERVERT LET ME GO!!!"

Denji: "Let's take a shower to cool down"

Denji bowed slightly while hugging Reze and then immediately jumped into the sky, creating long columns of smoke towards the sky and where Denji was headed was the sea. After flying in the sky for a while, both of them immediately fell into the cold sea and sank completely into the depths. Reze also gradually passed out in Denji's arms, fainting due to lack of oxygen.

___________

Reze slowly opened her eyes, feeling the sand on her back and the warm ocean waves continuously lapping at her feet. She blinked once, eyes wide with surprise. She sat up and saw Denji next to her, unconsciously staring at the dawn. They are sitting on the beach.

Reze: "unbelievable... why did you save me?"

Denji: "I don't know...maybe because I still love you"

Reze: "even after everything I've done to you?"

Denji was silent and said nothing, just staring at the sun without looking at Reze at all.

Denji: "it's okay, I don't care...but can you leave now? I want to be alone..."

Reze was stunned, she looked at Denji and it seemed like she wanted to say something but stopped, she turned to leave but after taking a few steps she suddenly stopped and turned back to look at Denji.

Reze: "I'm really leaving!"

"Yeah...leave...just go away..."Denji said, but still didn't look at Reze even a bit. Reze really left this time, leaving Denji alone, staring blankly at the sun.

___________

Aki and Kishibe were looking at the humans trying to clear the battlefield where they fought Reze and the Storm Demon.