Chapter 38: cheat

"conversation"

(interior monologue)

__________________

In a bustling neighborhood, three American brothers were walking in a bustling crowd. They disguised themselves as demon hunters from the security department, sinking into the crowd without the slightest flaw, they wandered around. ladder, but not without purpose.

To complete the mission as quickly as possible, what is needed is to understand the surrounding terrain and make the most of the terrain to make ambushes easier.

OTTTTTT

The sound of stomach rumbling rang out, all three brothers looked at their stomachs, after all they were hungry so now they should go eat.

All three of them entered a restaurant, chose a seat and put their butts on the chairs. All three brothers ordered their own meals and they rudely made everyone in the restaurant look.

After eating, eldest brother Tom leaned back in his chair, burped and took out a toothpick.

Tom: "Jerry pay"

Jerry: "eh, I thought you paid?"

Tom: "I didn't bring money to ask for payment"

Jerry: "So I didn't bring any money with me"

Tom: "well, it's dead, then the youngest guy should pay it"

Tyke: "Eh, I didn't bring any money either"

As soon as Tyke finished speaking, all three brothers suddenly stopped, looked at each other, they all understood the same problem.

At another row of tables in that restaurant, Denji sat there with a plastic bag containing cabbage, belched lightly and thanked his meal, reached into his pocket to take out his wallet to pay, but kept touching and paying. His wallet was nowhere to be found. At that moment, he realized something: he lost his wallet.

A cold breath ran down his spine. Denji clearly remembered whether he had brought his wallet with him, or had he lost it somewhere? He also didn't bring his phone with him so he couldn't call anyone.

While I was immersed in my own chaotic thoughts, suddenly, the loudspeaker in the restaurant rang out. "Lately a lot of things have happened that have made everyone worried, but we have a lenient policy towards thieves and robbers, and we have a former demon hunter working on the restaurant staff, so Please rest assured to enjoy our delicious dishes."

The radio sound stopped, Denji sat there, his hands on his knees and sitting upright, his whole body was constantly sweating like rain for fear of someone finding out, they had just announced that, if If you go and tell the staff, they will think you intended to steal from the beginning.

Denji: (I'm screwed, think about it, think about it, I'm screwed, this is the most unlucky thing I've had this year)

"Hey denji" the gentle voice of a woman appeared right next to Denji but he didn't pay attention.

(Damn! I didn't expect to be this poor) Denji was immersed in his own inner panic without paying attention to what was around him. Realizing she couldn't get his attention, she came closer, put her lips and ears on Denji and whispered "denji, I'm talking to you".

Suddenly there was breath and a voice in his ear, the bald boy cowered in fear, almost screamed, but when he calmed down, he saw that it was Makima.

Makima: "What are you babbling about?"

Denji: "um, why are you here?"

Makima: "to find you, do you know it's almost curfew?"

Explanation: in Japan, people under 18 years old are not allowed to leave home from 10:00 p.m., depending on the place, the time will be different.

"It took a lot of effort to find you, who let you leave before I finished talking?" Makima said, sitting on the opposite side of Denji, resting his hand on his chin and looking at him, Denji turned to the shop staff. and ordered fries.

"I know you're extremely impatient, but you can't act hastily like that. You have to listen to all my instructions. Hey, are you listening?" Makima said, but Denji completely ignored what she was saying and looked away.

"Your french fries, please" the waiter said and placed the plate of food on the table. Denji touched the plate but did not eat it but pushed it towards Makima.

Makima: "is that for me?"

Denji nodded, Makima unceremoniously took a piece of potato and put it in his mouth. Suddenly, Makima remembered what Aki had said. "Denji is a genius. Unless there's a discount day or I'm buying food, he'll never spend money. One time, he fed me devil meat and poisonous mushrooms."

Makima suddenly became curious, why did Denji suddenly treat her to food? She looked up at Denji and saw him smiling cunningly.

Makima: (why is he smiling? could it be that I have won a little favor from Denji?)

"THERE IS A STRAWBER!!!" A scream from an employee in the shop suddenly appeared, causing Denji to nod and sweat.

"I'M NOT RUNNING YET-" Denji shouted trying to make an excuse, but realized that the person they were talking about was not him but the other three assassin brothers.

"Can't forgive thieves! Let me catch them!" Denji said, immediately standing up and running towards the three thieves.

Makima: "Wait!"

Denji: "You just ate those fries, right?! Pay for yourself!"

Denji then ran out of the restaurant, leaving Makima surprised by his actions.

Makima: (huh? so I was tricked all along?!)

-end of chapter-