Chapter 23: Protected by me!!!

"":conversation

(): interior monologue

Makima:"the terrorist attack was caused by former demon hunter sawatari akane. She made a contract with the gun demon and distributed it to the yakuza. In return, she asked for the demon's heart"

Makima stood in the office of a high-ranking member of the Security Bureau.

"Why does she want the devil's heart?" the man asked.

Makima: "before we could interrogate..."

____

Kobeni screamed as the snake demon appeared from nowhere, using his teeth to decapitate the sawatari and causing blood to splatter on her face. Co staggered back, fell to the ground and screamed miserably.

____

Makima: "she was killed by the demon she made a contract with: the snake demon. this may have been the terms of the contract between her and the gun demon. During this campaign, we collected got 1.4 kg of gun demon meat. Combined with the 5kg that the bureau was holding, it began to move towards the main body."

"where is it headed?" the man asked.

___________________________

Early in the morning, on deserted streets, there was a bald young man wearing a school uniform, carrying a briefcase on his back, running in panic. Why was he so panicked? Simply oversleeping leads to being late for school.

While running, suddenly from afar there was an explosion that shook the ground. Denji turned around and a tall and ugly creature dropped from the sky and attacked Denji with its own fist, causing him to flew away and passed through several tall buildings.

Denji used his hands to stand up, his shirt was torn, his school bag was gone, and blood on his forehead began to bleed. Many demons began to appear, all kinds of hideous shapes, they gathered and surrounded Denji. Denji looked at them with a drop of cold sweat.

Denji:(these guys are different from the ones I've faced before... they're... very strong!)

Denji: "Who are you guys?"

"You're too rude, you should ask properly who we are," one of the demons spoke up. "We are the masters of the new era."

"We are demons, born from human fear, which means our lives are tied to humans. Over time, demons have evolved to no longer depend on fear or uncertainty. "Without any other human emotion, we demons have become a separate race and have the ability to reproduce like any other race on earth." Another demon also spoke up, denji listened attentively without saying anything. To escape the shock and worry, he unconsciously clenched his fist. "We have destroyed 70% of the human population, but it's surprising that someone can withstand 1 or 2 of our punches. "

Denji: "Uh...I'm just as surprised as you, you losers!"

Denji had a confident smile on his bloody face, an emotion that was hard to describe in words was rising within him. The humiliated demon immediately attacked Denji but he avoided it. Denji immediately responded to the demon with a powerful punch right into its stomach.

That demon immediately exploded into pieces, blood and flesh splashing everywhere. Another demon charged forward, using its tentacles to attack, denji jumped and dodged, kicking another demon's face and landing on a nearby bridge. Standing on the bridge, Denji continued to fight. A series of demons jumped up to attack Denji, but he dodged them all. Three other demons rushed forward and raised their fists, attacking at the same time.