chapter 16: secrets and deception

"":conversation

():interior monologue

----------------------

-some segments in this chapter take details from hell's villain(chainsaw man x male reader) posted on wattpad-

-------------------

for a brief moment...

All are quiet.

kobeni and arai stared at them.

katana man and sawatari looked back.

kobeni gripped his knife tighter.

sawatari took a deep breath and slowly raised his hand.

"snake, tail!!!" sawatari raised his hand, pointed down and a giant snake tail appeared, flying towards the human demon hunters. Arai lowered himself to the ground. However, kobeni was one step ahead, jumping up and clinging to the tail. She broke into a sprint, running alongside the snake and toward her goal.

"What the hell?! is she a monkey?!" Katana man's eyes widened at kobeni's speed, he pointed his gun at her, trying to shoot while she was running on the snake demon's tail. In just a moment, she was close to him, dodged the shot and turned around. in the air while cutting off the katana man's arm. She grabbed the gun in the air, landed behind the katana man and fired three shots straight into his back. Sawatari gritted her teeth and aimed her gun at the kobeni, trying try to hit her.

"damn...KON!!!" Arai shouted, raising her hand down with a sign that resembled a foot. The sawatari's eyes widened as she saw the fox demon's giant foot appear above her, the fox demon thumping hard on where she was standing. She rushed forward, grabbed the katana man's corpse and dragged him into the car.

"damn it...Die in the car you idiot!" she shouted, throwing the katana man into the trunk of the car and slamming it shut. She ran aside, jumped into the driver's seat and raced down the road while kobeni was staring.

"damn, I should have destroyed the car!" Arai shouted, running to kobeni. "are you OK?" He asked kobeni.

Kobeni: "s-sorry for letting you get shot, arai"

Kobeni did not answer arai's question, only apologizing for the wound on his shoulder.

{back to a few minutes ago}

"KOBENI, GET AWAY!!"Arai shouted, trying to push kobeni away.

"Huh?"kobeni turned around and saw the woman reaching into her coat.

"KOBENIIII!" Arai shouted, imagining the worst

Kobeni immediately moved, stabbing her knife into the old woman at crazy speed. She looked straight into the old woman's eyes, trembling.

"Ah" She stared into the old woman's blurred eyes. "I'm sorry...I just...I'm sorry!" She stepped back as the old woman still stared at the knife stuck in her chest. The old woman used the last of her strength to pull out the gun, pointing it. towards the trembling kobeni.

"Kobeni, duck!"Arai stepped in at the last moment, rushing straight at her as the gun went off. The bullet flew forward, passing straight through arai and kobeni's shoulders as they fell to the ground. The old woman leaned back and was motionless, died of blood loss. Kobeni sat there, stunned as arai groaned in pain, clutching his bloody shoulder.

{back to present}

"you covered me...b-because I stiffened after stabbing her...if you were in any other position..."Kobeni shivered, imagining arai being hit by a hole in the head.

"Kobeni..."arai muttered, looking at her worriedly

"Y-you will die...with her...and m-both of your blood will be on my hands...!"kobeni shivered, hugging her shoulders. "And it's all...because of I"Kobeni was on the verge of mental collapse.