chapter 26: love, flowers and baldness part 2

"conversation"

(interior monologue)

______________

Aki looked at the empty cigarette pack in her hand, stared at it for a moment, then threw it in the trash. He turned around and saw the devil angel lounging on the bench, holding an ice cream in his hand.

Aki: "Haven't you finished eating yet? Hurry up so you can work"

Angel: "Just looking at it like that, eating ice cream is very tiring, I don't want to do anything else today"

Aki looked at Angel, his face showed no emotions but inside he was extremely uncomfortable, Aki tried to suppress his anger to calm down.

Aki: "We know the location of the gun demon. To participate in that campaign, I need to kill more demons to gain reputation. Now you are my partner, let's cooperate."

Faced with Aki's words, Angel completely ignored those words and just focused on eating his ice cream.

Angel: "Oh...I don't know...how about I eat another ice cream and think about it again?"

Aki: (I miss himeno)

"Stand up" Aki walked over, placed her feet on the bench between Angel's legs, leaned forward and looked straight into the demon angel's eyes. "If I report to above how useless you are, you will also be killed like the other demons, is that what you want?"

Angel: "hmmm...I think dying would be better than working"

{Aki's flashback}

Makima: "he is the second strongest member of team 4 after captain Kishibe, but that only happens if you ignore his laziness. If you want to destroy the gun demon, you better find a way to deal with him."

Aki: "I feel like I don't get along with demons..."

Makima: "aren't you very close to power?"

Aki: "I almost got into a fight with Power this morning if Denji hadn't stopped me."

Makima: "There's no need to be too close, just take advantage of his actions to your advantage. But be careful with Angel, he has the ability to drain other people's lives and turn them into weapons."

Aki: "weapons?"

Makima: "your katana is also from him, they are very special, can cut even ghosts. Even if you pretend, try to get along with each other, he will become a valuable pawn for you

{back to present}

Aki and Angel continued to patrol and discovered the body of a demon lying in an alley, surrounded by civilians watching the story. The corpse of the pig demon lay on the ground with a large hole in its body. Aki looked around, completely unaware of who killed it.

Aki: "Please everyone stay away from its flesh and blood!"

"wow that looks so delicious" Angel bent down, looked at the pig demon's corpse, discovered something inside the corpse, Angel waved to Aki.

Angel: "hey...human, come here for a moment"

Aki: "What's wrong?"

Angel: "there's something inside the body"

Angel pointed inside the pig demon's body, something moved inside.

​"Save me" a weak voice came from inside the corpse, Aki immediately used his katana to cut a line on the corpse and out fell a bald man wearing a demon hunter uniform.

Aki: (denji... no. not)

"Luckily, I almost died." The man jumped up, breathing hard. Except for some scratches on his body, his body was completely healed.