Chapter 41: starting to move

"conversation"

(interior monologue)

Denji and Power, Pochita leaned against the wooden railing, looking out at the pond as they munched on some rice balls. In the distance, a mother duck is leading her ducklings to practice swimming in the morning.

Denji: "Damn, that's a lost lesson"

Power: "There are a lot of ducks in the lake, right? If I were prime minister, I would give them all to eat."

Denji brought the rice ball up to eat before his hand slipped from the oily layer of seaweed. "half dead" Denji exclaimed, picking up the rice ball from the ground when suddenly a hand grabbed his wrist.

"unbelievable! don't eat food that falls on the ground!" A demon hunter wearing glasses and slicked back blonde hair said while holding Denji's wrist.

"I was about to throw it in the trash" Denji said to the man in front of him, he nodded and released Denji's hand, the bald boy grabbed the rice and gave it to Power.

Denji: "For you"

"Wow! thank you!" Power shouted happily, grabbed a piece of rice and put it in his mouth.

"THAT GUY!!!" the bespectacled demon hunter shouted angrily, Pochita immediately growled at the scream.

"deep" Angel said while holding the ice cream.

"I didn't expect you to do that either" Arai said while standing next to Aki, he was wearing a demon hunter's outfit, it seemed like after a period of rest, Arai had returned to work.

{back to a few hours ago}

Early in the morning, Makima led Denji and Pochita in front of the four demon hunters.

"I'm Kusakabe from demon slayer team number 2, nice to meet you" the blonde guy with glasses said.

"Tamaoki, I'm your partner, nice to meet you" introduced the short-haired guy with the mole right in the middle of his forehead.

"Yoshida, nice to meet you" said a young man with short hair, wearing six earrings in his left ear.

"Nice to meet you again, Mr. Denji' Arai said as he put his hands in his pockets, his serious expression completely different from before.

Makima: "these people will work in the dark to protect you and Pochita, they will do it in the dark. These three people, Aki and Angel, along with three agents from kyoto will watch over both of you one by one." time"

Denji: "Oh really? I don't know who protects who"

Kusakabe: "You're a bit arrogant, kid. Mr. Subaru, from Kyoto is the one who trained Miyagi from team 2, he's an extremely busy person so this is extremely serious. Today we will Let you and your partner patrol the streets, understand?"

"Whatever" Denji said while yawning, even Pochita who was clinging to his shoulder was similarly depressed.

Faced with Denji's non-serious response, Kusakabe suddenly frowned, looking at Denji with a bit of an angry expression. "must say 'clear, sir', try again"

"what" Denji said in surprise, raising his eyebrows as he looked at Kusakabe.

Denji: "clear, sir"

Kusakabe: "That's fine, but next time be strict-"

"Mr. Denji" a voice interrupted Kusakabe, the voice came from Arai, he walked closer to Denji without paying attention to Kusakabe right next to him. The bald boy looked at him, suddenly, Arai suddenly bent down in front of Denji.

"Thank you for helping me back then" Arai said in a respectful and respectful tone, making the bald boy a bit surprised.

Arai: "if it weren't for you, I would always set my own limits! really thank you!"

Denji: "well...who are you?"

Arai's eyes widened in surprise, raising his head to look at the bald boy. "I'm Arai! You really don't remember me?"

Denji: "sorry...I really don't remember"

Arai: "right-right, you saved so many people that you don't remember"

Kusakabe: "Stop ignoring me!"

{back to present}

In a clearing in some forest, two Kyoto demon hunters were resting and smoking, the third member sitting on the hood of their car.

Tendo: "hey, Kurose"

Kurose: "What's wrong, Tendo?"

Tendo: "Everyone is making a fuss over that demon, why don't we kill it too? It's just a demon..."

"That makes sense, Subaru, what do you think?" Kurose said, turning towards the man sitting on the hood of the car.

Subaru: "Who knows, it's better not to be curious"

Subaru finished smoking, threw away the rest of the cigarette, then stood up and stretched. "Break time is over! Let's go to Tokyo"

They set off again, driving to the appointed destination.

Subaru: "Tendo, Kurose, have you met Makima before? What kind of person is she?"

Tendo: "Subaru, I want to tell you something..."

Subaru: "say it, what are you waiting for?"

"We...shouldn't be curious about her" Tendo said, remembering the first time he met Makima, Makima's body was covered in blood and Makima's explanation about that blood made Tendo feel like Makima was lying, and that...made Tendo feel scared.

______________

In a room in a hospital somewhere in Japan, Tyke gradually opened his eyes and woke up and realized he was lying on a hospital bed with plaster casts all over his body. He turned to the left and saw his two brothers. My son is also in a similar cast.

Tom: "Are you awake?"

Tyke: "How long have you been sleeping?"

Tom: "2 days"

Tyke: "What's the mission now?"

Tom: "broken bones all over the body, total failure, quit this job, what the hell is immortal, quit the job"

______________

At a campus in the city, Arai sat on a bench with a can of water in his hand. Galgali came out of nowhere to stand opposite Arai.

Galgali: "hello"

Arai: "hello, may I ask who you are..."

Galgali: "I am the violent demon Galgali, Kobeni's partner, are you Arai?"

Arai: "yes, where is Kobeni?"

Gagali: "she was going to the bathroom in a nearby public restroom, she told me a lot about you"

Arai: "so what do you want to tell me?"

Galgali: "I just want to tell you to quit your job"

Arai was surprised, eyes wide open in surprise, looking at Galgali. "Why?"

Galgali: "I always considered Kobeni a friend, and I didn't want her to be sad because she had to see someone she loved die"

"Then I decline" Arai said, standing up and about to leave, ignoring Galgali and walking past him. Gagali was surprised by Arai's reaction. He approached and grabbed Arai's left hand to stop him from leaving.

"Wait! Listen to me-" Galgali suddenly stopped talking when she accidentally pulled up Arai's sleeve. Under that sleeve was an arm with many scars. "what is this?"

Arai jerked his arm back to escape Galgali's grip. He looked at Galgali with cold eyes and pulled his sleeves completely up and showed Galgali his scarred arms.

Arai: "I quit my job but that doesn't mean I'm idle"

Arai immediately left and left Galgali behind in surprise.

-end of chapter-