1. Party

Please VOTE

Enjoy reading 𓆩𓆪

Author's POV.

The Sahani family was having their dinner peacefully when Arjun Sahani decided to break the silence.

"I hope you all remember we have a party to attend tomorrow as our company is collaborating with Mahajan's and Ahuja's for a new project."

"You have already collaborated with Ahuja's for a project, right?"

Kaushalya asked her son while stretching her hand to take the 2nd piece of barfi.

"Yes, Maa but this project is different and more important that's why I want everyone to be present at the party."

Arjun said the word 'everyone' while dramatically eyeing his daughter Naina, who was silently having her dinner.

"I won't be present at the party. I have an important meeting tomorrow."

Naina said looking at her dad.

"How can you say that? We are taking a step forward in our business. You have to come."

Arjun said trying to sound angry but failed miserably.

"Your business, not mine."

Naina stated firmly.

"It's gonna be yours someday. You and Sanskaar are my heirs and you both will be managing the business when I will step down from my position as a CEO."

Arjun replied.

"Dad, do you not understand? I and Bhai do not want to be a part of your business. We have our own ambitions and moreover bua won't like it if you will give your position to me or bhai."

Naina spoke for herself and her brother looking clearly frustrated about her dad not understanding her and then rolling her eyes while talking about her bua.

"Well, I don't care about what your bua likes."

Arjun muttered under his breath. Mahima who heard him stiffled a laugh.

"What?"

Naina asked looking at her parents.

"Nothing. You are coming to the party and that's final."

Arjun said.

Naina looked at her Dadu for help but gasped dramatically when he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Dhokebaaz."

(Betrayer)

She said feeling betrayed.

"Fine. I will come but only if bhai will attend the party."

She said knowing that Sanskaar would never agree to attend a business party.

"Theek hai. I will ask him about attending the party once he comes home."

(Okay then)

Arjun said.

"He will never agree."

Naina said in a confident tone.

"He will."

Said Arjun in an overconfident tone.

"We'll see."

Naina said challenging her father and resting her elbows on the table, intertwining her hands.

"Yeah. You will see."

Arjun said copying his daughter.

Just then Sanskaar arrived.