5. How do I impress her?

60 VOTES!!!

Enjoy reading 𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

I turned my car after dropping Naina at her home. I was very tired and had no will to drive for 40 minutes to reach my apartment.

So, I took the turn and started driving towards Ahuja Mansion which was a 15-minute long drive from Naina's home.

It was almost midnight when I reached home. Opening the door with the spare keys I entered the mansion.

I saw Maa and Chachi sitting in the living room talking to each other and laughing at something.

"Hello."

I said taking their attention.

They both startled by my voice soon composed themselves. I went forward and touched their feet.

"Why are you here this late at night? Is everything okay? Did something happen?"

Maa asked with concern.

"Nothing happened and can't I come home to meet my family?"

I asked sitting beside her on the couch and laid my head in her lap.

"You can always come here. I think that you should just shift here again, we also don't feel good thinking of you living there all alone."

Chachi said smiling at me.

"I shifted there so that I could live alone...in peace."

I said closing my eyes when Maa started caressing my head and heard both of them sighing at my reply.

"Had your dinner?"

Chachi asked.

"No, please give me something."

I said and she went to the kitchen to get me some food.

If it was any other day, I wouldn't have bothered them but today I had no energy left in me and also, I wanted to be taken care of by my mothers.

Chachi came back with a plate of Rajma-Chawal. I sat up, took the plate from her and placed it on my lap.

"By the way, why haven't you both slept yet."

I asked taking the first bite.

"We were talking and lost the track of time."

Maa voiced what I had already assumed.

"Umm..."

She hesitated before speaking.

"Beta, now that you have settled in your business career pretty well, I think it's time for you to get married now."

Okay, here we go again.

"No, Maa I haven't thought about marriage yet."

I replied with the same excuse I use all the time when she starts talking about this marriage thing.

"Also at this point, I just want to focus on my work."

I added.

"You can focus on your work after you get married."

She argued.

"You are already 29. How much more do you want to wait? This is the perfect age to get married."

"29 is a young age."

I tried to argue back.

"What should I do to convince you?"