27. Engagement

Vote target pura nahi hua, issi baat par late update🥰

160 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

SHOBHIT'S POV

"Why do you always have to be late? Get ready fast or you will be the last one to reach your own engagement ceremony."

"I'm not late. You are ready before time."

I replied to Maa, while adjusting the collar of my outfit, who has been on the panic mode since yesterday.

She got ready two hours before time. And now was yelling at everyone who wasn't ready.

"God, I forgot to take out the ring."

She said hitting her head with her palm and ran away from my room.

Mom things.

It was my engagement day and everyone had been running here and there in the entire house, as my maternal relatives have arrived for the function. Lord, I shouldn't have shifted here before wedding, for my own peace.

Though I looked calm and composed like always, my heart was accelerating with every second that passed. I wondered if she was as nervous as me? Or maybe more?

I wanted to call her, but she might be busy getting ready.

Hair. Jewellery. Nails. Makeup. She has a lot do to.

My phone buzzed with an incoming call, and I grimaced looking at the caller ID.

Jeet. Abhijeet's name displayed on the screen.

Him calling at this hour means something wrong happened. I picked up the call and he grunted from the other.

"I'm going to Bhopal. The branch is collapsing. Someone fucked up."

I couldn't see him but I was two hundred percent sure that he was burning with rage. I understood it was a major issue or he wouldn't have been that mad.

"What happened suddenly?"

"Don't know. I've to go check the work... and that particular someone. She definitely needs a good lesson."

He gritted out and I understood who he was referring to.

Abhijeet is a founder of a small but thriving business which he was very protective and serious about. As he should be, his parents died when he was seventeen, ever since then he has faced the cruel world alone because his extended family refuse to take care of him. He did multiple small jobs until he graduated and then started his firm. Now his only dream was to flourish his business as much as possible.

"When will you come back?" I asked.

"In a month or two. I'll be busy so call me only if you're dying."

"Fuck. What about my wedding gift?" I joked.

"Saale mera dhanda doob raha hai aur tujhe gift ki padi hai? Le aaunga toffee-chocolate. Khaana maje se apni biwi ke saath."

"Moron, my business is sinking and you concerned about gifts. I'll bring you toffee and chocolates. Enjoy eating them with your wife."

He said in annoyance.

"Yes. Don't forget them and... call me if you need any help." I replied with sincerity.

"I will. Bye now, it's time for my flight." He hung up without giving me a chance to speak. I shook my head and focused on getting ready.

I wore a light pink colour sherwani and pyjama, with a rose gold broach that had a big diamond embarked in it's centre. I paired it all with jutis.