42. Confrontation

Complete the target for double update.

460 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

"Abhijeet...Abhijeet Kaushal. It was him that night. It was him."

Naina said, and I understood nothing as if she was speaking an alien language.

Her words carried the weight of the world that crashed my entire existence and left me numb and lifeless.

"Abhijeet Kaushal. It was him that night."

What did that even mean? Her words made no sense to me. At all.

My grip on her loosened and I looked at her blankly. She looked up at me with her pained, tearful gaze. She was quivering before me while I was still.

"Shobhit," Naina shook me. "Shobhit, do something, please." She pleaded.

My brain refused to process every word after she uttered my bestfriend– her culprit's name.

Disbelief settled down in my heart and I clenched my jaw hard.

No. It's not the truth. I know.

I took a shallow breath as I tried to deny the credibility of Naina's words.

She must be mistaken. Jeet... jeet can't do that. He can never do that. He can never....

My body shuddered as my brain pictured Naina under him while he molested her.

She is definitely mistaken.

"Shobhit!" Naina's high pitched voice brought my attention back to her. "Why are you not doing anything?" She cried harder and clutched my suit.

I frowned, still not able to believe her words. We were sitting on the ground. She was in tears, I was in denial. Both of us were not in the right state of mind.

"Shobhit!" She hit my chest in desperation. "Do something. You promised me, you will punish that bastard." She hit again. "Do it. Fulfill your promise." Another hit followed by her continues powerless punches on my chest. Two of her bangles broke by the effect and fell in my lap.

"Naina, stop!" Prerna pulled her away from me. "What are you doing?" She held Naina's hand that were trying to grab my collar. "Stop it!"

My frowned deepened but I did not react to any of her hits. I just kept looking at her disheveled condition.

Tangled hair, makeup smudged, clothing creased, and body shaking in fear and panic. She looked exactly how I never wanted to see her. Scared and devastated. And it pained me but I couldn't lift my hand to comfort her.

I felt like my soul had been summoned, leaving nothing but a peice of muscles and bones behind.

I slowly rose to my feet and looked down at Naina crying in Prerna's embrace.

I hadn't yet completely accepted the fact that she said Abhijeet's name. She said he was the one who did all those inhuman things to her.

Abhijeet and I have been friends for last eight years. He was always so playful and genuine. He was like a second son to my parent's. I treated him like my brother and I felt the same from his side then... how can I believe these accusations?

I took a step back and my heart thumped with hurt. Nothing seemed believable. I wanted to erase her words from my mind like they were never spoken.

I turned and heard Naina calling my name. "Shubh, where are you going?" She reached out to hold my leg.