43. Family gets to know.

Long chapter ahead. Buckle up.

460 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

The party got over. All the guests and Abhijeet took their leaves. Only the Ahuja's and Sahani's were left behind.

I was still affected by the information, and was trying to stop my brain from making decisions in this wrong moment. Or else I might do something brutal without thinking twice.

"Bhai," Dheeraj called, and I raised a brow at him tiredly.

"Hmm."

"Are you okay?" He asked and I rubbed my hands on my face before nodding.

"I'm fine." I sighed and looked at the hallway that led to the room where Naina was.

I paid one last glance to Dheeraj and patted his shoulder twice to reassure him.

I walked to Naina's room and took a deep breathe to put everything in the back of my head and focus on her and her only.

Slowly twisting the doorknob, I opened the door and heard pin drop silence. I took a small step inside and looked at Naina laying in the bed. While Prerna was sitting next to her, with her head hung low.

I walked forward and Prerna looked up. She tood up to her full height and sniffed.

"Jijaji..." She whispered and looked at Naina. I followed her gaze. "She fainted." I nodded without moving my eyes away.

I looked at her until my eyes burnt with unknown sensation. Pain sprouted in my heart and tears gathered in my eyes. The blood rushed up to my cheeks and I licked my lips finding myself incapable of helping her.

The tension in my body doubled and I pressed my lips together before sitting beside Naina's legs. I touched the hem of her lehenga and my chin wobbled.

I was feeling burdened by everything at once. Her state, Abhijeet's truth, my promise to take her revenge, the pain of being betrayed by one of the most trusted person in my life. I was feeling bad for her as well as for me.

All of this happened within a few hours ane left me to take it and handle it all, by myself.

I touched her anklet and pulled it lightly. The low sound of small jingling bells cracked the dam of my emotions. The sound reminded me of how cheerful and happy she was a few hours ago. But now...

First tear left my eye and I fisted my other hand.

I heard the door closing, indicating that Prerna just left.

It only allowed me to let loose and feel everything. I broke down then and there.

I sobbed silently while holding her leg. She is my only support right now, my only calm, my only solace.

I let the tears fall and felt defeated by my fate.

Why did any of this had to happen?

I questioned myself and felt even more burdened. I cried until there were no more tears left to shed. I got up and wiped my tears off.

"Naina." I shook her. "Naina," She did not wake up. She did not even make any movement. "Love..." Still no reply.

I sighed and picked her unconscious body in my arms. I moved to the door and somehow managed to open it.

I saw Prerna waiting outside. Her eyes and nose were red, depicting her concern and worry for Naina.

"Let's get her home." I said and she nodded.