20. Families Agreed

We are 200 now. Yayyy!!!
Issi khushi mein yelo double updates.

125 VOTES!

Enjoy reading𓆩♡𓆪

SHOBHIT'S POV

I kept a hand on my thigh that was bouncing with anxiousness. I know everything would go well but still the nervousness did not go away.

Dad has called Arjun uncle. The phone was kept on speaker and the entire family had their ears at attention.

The plan was to invite their family at dinner and talk to them in person. But the idea of facing Naina's family was, I don't know, scary for no reason at all.

First ring, he didn't answer. Second ring, he didn't answer. Third. No answer. Fourth. No answer. Five. No-

"Hello?"

Her father's voice was enough for me to straighten my body posture. No doubt, Arjun uncle is one of the sweetest person I have ever known but he was Naina's father. And I wanted to marry his precious piece of heart.

No one is scarier than the father of the girl you want to marry.

"Hello, Arjun..."

Both the friends talked for eleven minutes which felt like eleven months to me.

Dad looked at me after their call ended.

"You look like a caged rat with that nervous face. Please fix yourself before your lover's family come over. Because Arjun would rather die than marry off his daughter to a rat-like man."

"Stop exaggerating." I admit my nervousness, but I definitely do not look like a caged rat.

"He is not exaggerating. You really look like a rat who knows that he is about to be slaughtered." Sarthak cut in, while eating an apple.

I pinned him with a glare, but he still kept chewing looking unbothered as ever.

Whatever.

"Shubh, don't mind them. Everything will be fine. Naina likes you. Her family know you since you were a kid. They know how sincere you are. Her family will definitely accept this proposal." Chachu assured me and patted my back. His words helped to take away some weight off my shoulders.

✦✦✦✦✦

The day passed in a jet speed and Naina's family is now settled in the living room. We all have had our dinner and now everyone has indulged themselves with each other.

The elders are talking to each other. Dipti is chatting with Naina. Well actually only Dipti is speaking whilst Naina is just listening to her. And Sarthak, Sanskaar and I are standing a little far from them.

"This was your plan, right." Sanskaar stated looking at our parents, but I know he was talking to me.

He looked like he would rather eat clothes than stay here.

"Dad's." I muttered and he nodded.

"How can you look so disinterested all the time?" Sarthak raised an eyebrow at him.

"I look disinterested because I am disinterested." He spoke in the laziest tone one could have.

"You are insufferable, you know that right?" Sarthak argued.