15. Drama Queen

100 VOTES!!!

Enjoy reading 𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

"I love you, Naina."

I flinched as soon as he completed his sentence.

The lovely words coated in his deep and lethal voice travelled down my ears, reaching directly to my soul. My stupid heart started beating like crazy.

His face just inches away from mine.  He was mad, so mad, I saw him clenching his jaw and the viens popped up on his neck and forehead while he caged me between him and the table. I don't know why but I did not push him away from me.

I could sense the seriousness in his entire body. The emotions clearly visible in his dark green eyes. They showed genuineness, hurt, disappointment, anger and what not.

He likes me. No. He loves me.

Oh, my dear Lord. Is this a dream? If it is, then I do not want to wake up. Ever.

I felt nervous at our close proximity, but not uncomfortable. Rare. I do not like being physically close to anyone. But I was okay with his closeness.

His hands pressed beside me on the table, face leaned, breathes heavy, eyes looking into mine. Everything made the butterflies back flip in my stomach.

I was looking at him with my eyes open wide and lips parted in shock.

I was well aware of our mutual attraction towards each other. And a little, delusional, part of me had also expected him to like me. But love? I did not ever think about it, not even for a second.

I was upset and disturbed since the morning but not anymore. All that sadness and disturbance flew out of the window as soon as he caged me.

"You l-love me?"

I asked and my voice came out slow and breathy.

Why am I stuttering?

"Yes I do. A lot."

He grunted without waiting for a second. Not a tiny bit of doubt could be detected in his voice.

"Do you not notice it in my eyes when I look at you? Do you not hear it in my voice when I call your name. Do you not feel it when I smile with you? Laugh with you? Tell me, Naina. Do you not see any of it?"

He snapped. The hurt in his voice grew larger and larger with each question.

A lump formed in my throat and my tongue felt heavy all of the sudden. I parted my lips to say something, to ask something but nothing came out of my mouth.

I scanned his face. His jaw ticked, muscles tight and eyes dark with raging fire. He was so damn serious right now that it scared me, but I still felt assured that I am safe.

"Since when?"

I whispered and held the edge of the table beside me for support.

"I don't know. I. Do. Not. Fucking. Know. And this fact is just making me crazier."

"But we are... friends?" I said and doubted my own words.

I don't love him and that's true, but I don't know why I felt guilty about it.

"Do you see me just as a friend?"

He asked, disbelief was evident in his voice.

After an entire eternity passed, I slowly shook my head.

He was my friend. A great friend. But he was definitely not just a friend, he was something more than than, something I can't explain. I can't hide that truth and run away from my feelings.