30. Rituals

Late update ke liye maafi 🙏.

185 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

"How long will it take?" I asked the henna designer for the seventh time and she gave me the same answer.

"Just a bit more. It's almost done." She replied, now looking annoyed.

We arrived in Mussoorie yesterday for our wedding. We chose this place because the vibe here is quite pleasant.

The gentle breeze was softly hitting my skin, sending some shivers down my body. The area was decorated with green leaves, white flowers, and colourful lanterns.

Our families and close friends, were enjoying themselves to the fullest. Some kids were playing, and a song was played in the background.

This place is really magical. Everything felt very peaceful and calm, giving a sense of calmness to the soul.

It was early in the morning and I was sitting in one place for I don't know how long. Except for the pain in my hands caused by holding my out stretched and his dissappointing absence, everything was good.

But... where is he?

"Dipti." I called her who was sitting beside me getting her henna done.

"Yes, Bhabhi?" She responded.

"Where is your brother?" She raised her eyebrows at me and gave me an innocent look.

"Sarthak bhai must be somewhere around, running behind children and beating them in a silent corner, for fun. He loves to annoy them, you know." She said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Not Sarthak." I huffed.

She chuckled at me and spoke. "Shubh bhai slept late last night. I woke him up before coming here. He will be here anytime soon." She answered the real answer this time and I huffed again.

I saw Prerna coming to me and my face immediately lit up.

"Dude, please get me something to eat. I am dying out of hunger." I said and she showed me her hands filled with some very simple henna designs.

"You hate henna." I stated.

"I don't hate it. I just don't like it's smell. Also, aunty insisted and I couldn't deny her so... " She shrugged and sat on the other side.

Suddenly my eyes fell on his figure coming to the celebration area wearing a white kurta and pyjama.

Shobhit in traditional outfits is a sight one never wants to miss. The way he walked in it, like a stable lethal panther, makes him look like he was some kind of King. The outfit fitted him like a glove, giving a perfect view of his toned bicep muscles.

His captivating eyes met mine and he winked at me, before turning on his path and going to our parents who were laughing and chatting with guests. He greeted them and had a small conversation.

They must have teased him about something because I undoubtedly saw a tint of red spreading over his neck.

He then finally came towards us and sat beside Dipti. I raised an eyebrow at him and simultaneously tilted my head side to side, complimenting him through my action. And he just settled his collar in reply.

Then he turned his face and looked at smiling Prerna. He passed her an awkward smile. He was still embarrassed about our engagement night when Prerna caught both of us in a hot, sexy moment.