32. First Night

225 VOTES!

Enjor Reading 𓆩♡𓆪

SHOBHIT'S POV

"Mine." The word escaped my mouth on its own.

It felt surreal that we are now one and a new journey of our lives starts today. Pandit ji announced us as husband and wife and asked us to get up and take the blessings from elders.

One by one, we took everyone's blessings. Now it was time for the Joota Chhupai ritual. Anushree sat in front of me with my shoes in her hands. All the cousins were sitting around us in a circle for fun and teasings.

"What do you want?" I asked.

" 7 CRORE!"

"Taalis laat (40 lakh)."

"Dedh sau rupeya dega."

"We will give 150 Rupees."

Sarthak, Aashna and Swati's voice hovered over each others. All three of them are obsessed with memes and Bollywood. I shook my head at their silliness and faced Anushree.

"I want two crore."

"Ye toh bhot jyada hai, aap thoda theek theek rate lagalo."

"This is too much, lower the price."

Swati said from the side as if she was bargaining on a local shop.

"No. Give the money or leave both, your shoes and your wife." Anushree said.

Hell I will leave my wife.

After a lot of talking, convincing and banters, Anushree agreed to give the shoes in return of a gift. We gave her a diamond necklace which her mother took from her after a minute.

Soon the time for Vidaai came. The atmosphere suddenly turned quiet and emotional.

Naina's eyes turned teary and she hugged her grandparents who patted her head with affection. She then moved to her parents. Her parents took her in their embrace and kissed her head.

Tears left their eyes and my heart felt heavy in my chest. Naina let the tears flow in her father's arms, who too wasn't able to hide his emotions. They pulled away and Sanskaar came forward to hug Naina.

His usual cold and grumpy self was lost somewhere in the hills of Mussoorie during the last four days of wedding rituals. But now he looked like he was trying hard to control his tears. His eyes had turned red behind his spectacles.

He pulled his little sister in his shield like arms. An slow audible sob escaped Naina's lips and then tears streamed down Sanskaar's eyes like waterfall. He did no effort in wiping them off.

They broke the hug and he whispered something in her ear and Naina slowly nodded to him.

Sanskaar held her hand and gave it to me. I gripped her hand firmly and gave a soft nod to her family.

I helped Naina to sit inside the car and myself sat on the other side. The driver ignited the engine and drove us to the airport.

Our private jet was waiting for us. I shook hands with the pilot and Naina and I settled inside the jet. Other members of family sat in the first compartment and we sat in the second one. The pilot took off and we flew to Delhi.

Naina did not say a single word since we left the resort. She must have been tired because she silently placed her head on my shoulder and drifted to her dreamland. I kept my head on hers and slept as well.

Mom, Chachi and Chachu left early to look after the preparations of our welcome. In no time, pilot announced that we have landed.

Naina fixed her hair and makeup before exiting the plane. Soon we departed to Ahuja Mansion. Naina and I held hands during the whole ride and she kept making patterns on the back of my palm with her other hand.