28. Promotion

Itni khushiiiiii. Itni khushi mujhe aaj tak nahi huyi🤧.

27th chapter pr tum sabke comments padhkar bhot accha laga. Aise hi comments karte raha karo plsss.

160 VOTES!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

SHOBHIT'S POV

I signed the paper and looked up at the members of board with a professional smile.

I am officially the CEO now.

Dad,Chachu and Sarthak looked at me with pride. Everyone congratulated me, some genuinely while others for the sake of formality.

"Khaa gaya meri kursi."

"You've snatched my chair."

Dad joked and patted my back when I shook hands with him out of the business etiquettes.

"Not completely." I said and he laughed.

He hasn't resigned from his CEO position yet because he don't want to retire before my wedding.  He is right, I will take the work days off in the upcoming weeks and someone has to look after the work. Specially when we are sealing deals after deals. Which means now the company has two CEOs.

I shook hands with every board member and we all dismissed after some discussion. I walked out of the board room and paced to her cabin.

Couldn't wait to celebrate my accomplishment with her.

I silently opened the door and saw her standing while looking through some papers while facing her back to the door. I closed the door, making sure to be as quiet as possible.

I tip toed to her and grabbed her waist and turned her to me in a swift motion. She gasped and quickly held my biceps to balance herself.

"God, you-." She drawled shaking her head and huffed.

"Hey, darling." I brushed my cheeks against hers and she leaned into my touch.

"Hello, Mr. CEO. You need something?" She teased with mischief and affection. And chuckled when I picked her up and sat her on the table.

"Yes, a congratulatory gift. You know it's a propriety to give gifts when someone gets promoted."

I said and parted her thighs to stand between them.

"What gift do you want?" She asked.

"I want you" I replied and leaned closer to her lips, but she placed her palm on my mouth.

I raised my eyebrows in question. She smiled and shifted a bit before dragging her bag closer to her. She looked for something in it.

"What happened?" I asked when she tensed up.

"I can't find the- ah, found it." She sighed and took out a hand sized velvet box. She licked her lips before looking up at me. "I have a gift for you."

Warmth settled in my chest at this gesture of hers. She looked so innocent holding the box infront of me, like a nervous child.

"Open it." I said and placed my palms on her hips.

She slowly opened the box. The classy and elegant brooch sat inside in all its glory the small emerald diamond shone under the lights, fascinating me.

"Like it?" She inquired with hesitation.

Like it? Love it.

A lump formed in my throat and I nodded looking into her hopeful eyes.

"I bought it two weeks ago. This green diamond reminded me of your green eyes." She chuckled and something heavy sat in my chest.