12. CEO Shobhit Ahuja

70 VOTES!!!

Enjoy Reading 𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

We all had our dinner and were now sitting in the living room, spending some family time.

"Okay, I have something to say."

Dad's voice took our attention.

"I have decided to step down from my CEO position. I think it's time for Shubh to take over."

He dropped the unexpected bomb.

Dipti and Sarthak squealed with happiness and hi-fived, Chachu gave me a clap on my back, Dadi joined her hands mouthing some words, Maa and Chachi covered their mouths in amusement.

Everyone was delighted with this sudden news while I was... well, I didn't know how to react.

I was surprised, happy, excited, proud, confused, nervous. I was feeling all kind of things and I was feeling nothing at the same time.

I always knew that I was going to be the next CEO so I couldn't figure out how should I feel.

I was just 29, that's a young age to be a CEO. But I knew that I was ready for this new position. I have been trained to run a company since my childhood.

Also Dad is getting old. He has given 36 years of his life to work and family. It is time for him to get rid of these responsibilities and relax.

This is what every child wants, to help their parents in handling the responsibilities.

"Shubh, are you okay with this? We can wait if you are not ready."

He said and I raked my eyes at everyone before muttering.

"I am ready."

That's all I could say.

"Perfect. You will take over the position in two and a half months from now."

He said and I nodded.

Everybody got busy in talking about how will they celebrate Dad's retirement and my promotion.

Where will be the party? How many people will be invited? Where will Dad go for trip after his retirement? Etcetera. Etcetera.

All of them were talking while I was busy thinking about how my life is hoing to change after my promotion?

I will take the responsibility of our company, employees, projects, expansion, growth and everything.

It is going to be difficult but I am capable enough to face this kind of difficulties.

The company will be fine. I will be fine. Everything will be just fine.

I repeated these lines in my head again. And again. And again.

After sometime we all left to our respective rooms and I went to sleep while thinking about my future.

Thinking about the future hits different when you are in your bed.

Next day I woke up very earlier than usual. It was just 7 in the morning and i was already inside the office building.

The lift stopped at my floor and there was absolute silence. People are yet to arrive.

I moved to the pantry room to have a coffee as I did not have my breakfast. Walking near the room, I heard some sounds coming out of it.

The door was wide open so I peeked inside and saw her.